Can someone kindly explain? Thanks

In summary, "kindly explain" is a polite way of requesting a detailed explanation or clarification. It is appropriate to use in a professional setting and can be used in a sentence to ask for further information. Some alternative phrases include "please clarify" and "can you expand on that". "Kindly explain" should be used when wanting to express politeness and emphasize a genuine desire for a thorough explanation.
whatisphysics

Homework Statement

I have attached my question. I don't understand how A can turn into B? (the highlighted parts)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I finished the whole question, but I don't understand why arcsec turns into arctan...

Attachments

• calculus.PNG
    calculus.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 507
Physics news on Phys.org
Draw a right triangle with acute angle α at the left and another acute angle β at the upper right. Label the hypotenuse as x and the base as 4. Then the altitude is sqrt(x2 - 16).

Then x/4 = sec(α), so α = sec-1(x/4).

And 4/sqrt(x2 - 16) = tan(β), so β = tan-1( 4/sqrt(x2 - 16)).

What can you say about the angles α and β?

Related to Can someone kindly explain? Thanks

1. What does "kindly explain" mean?

"Kindly explain" is a polite way of requesting someone to provide a detailed explanation or clarification on a certain topic or subject matter.

2. Is it appropriate to use the phrase "kindly explain" in a professional setting?

Yes, using the phrase "kindly explain" is a professional and polite way of asking for clarification or further information in a work or academic setting.

3. How can I use "kindly explain" in a sentence?

You can use "kindly explain" in a sentence by saying something like, "Could you kindly explain your reasoning behind your decision?"

4. What are some alternative phrases to "kindly explain"?

Some alternative phrases to "kindly explain" include "please clarify", "can you expand on that", or "I would appreciate some more information".

5. When should I use "kindly explain" instead of just "explain"?

"Kindly explain" can be used in situations where you want to express politeness and respect towards the person you are asking for an explanation from. It can also be used when you want to emphasize that you are genuinely seeking a thorough explanation.