Can some one please explain this phenomenon

In summary, the conversation discusses the possible reasons for a milk cooker falling off the stove, with the main theory being that a vacuum formed in the closed container causing it to move. The flat bottom of the cooker and external forces are also considered as potential factors.
Sundar_India
I boiled the milk in milk cooker and i opened once to take some milk out. Remaining milk was there in the cooker and cooker is tightly closed. I placed the cooker over the stove and stove is switched off.

when i get up in the morning, i can see that cooker has fallen down from the stove..is it some thing due to air get colder?.

cooker bottom is so flat, it can fall down with slightest touch..my doubt from where the slightest force is coming from?.

Thanks
Sundar

Physics news on Phys.org
A vacuum may have formed in the container due to the cooling of the liquid/vapor in the closed system. Maybe the lid finally broke free due to the contraction and moved the pot off the stove. The walls of the pot could have also contracted due to the vacuum then "sprung" out when the vacuum was broken. Just a thought.

Are you looking for the cause of a container falling off your stove? Is it possible someone simply knocked it off?

Related to Can some one please explain this phenomenon

1. What is a phenomenon?

A phenomenon is any observable occurrence or event that can be studied or analyzed. It can refer to natural phenomena such as weather patterns or human-made phenomena like social behaviors.

2. How can we explain a phenomenon?

Explaining a phenomenon involves using scientific methods and theories to understand its underlying causes and mechanisms. This can involve conducting experiments, making observations, and analyzing data to develop a hypothesis and provide evidence to support it.

3. Can all phenomena be explained?

Not all phenomena can be fully explained at the current level of scientific understanding. Some phenomena may be too complex or require more advanced technology to study. Additionally, some phenomena may be considered unexplainable or unknowable due to limitations in our knowledge or understanding of the universe.

4. Are there different types of phenomena?

Yes, there are many different types of phenomena that can be observed and studied. Some examples include physical phenomena like gravity and electromagnetism, biological phenomena like evolution and genetics, and social phenomena like culture and language.

5. Why is understanding phenomena important?

Understanding phenomena is crucial for advancing scientific knowledge and improving our understanding of the world around us. It can also have practical applications, such as developing new technologies or finding ways to solve complex problems. Additionally, understanding phenomena can help us appreciate the complexity and beauty of the natural world.