Can I get into aeronautical engineering with a bachelour in Geoscience

In summary, it is possible to pursue a career in aeronautical engineering with a bachelor's degree in Geoscience. However, additional courses may be necessary to supplement the Geoscience degree in order to meet the requirements for aeronautical engineering. Having a background in math, physics, and experience with CAD software and programming may also be beneficial. While job opportunities may be somewhat limited with a Geoscience degree in aeronautical engineering, there are still opportunities in related fields. It is also possible to continue education and pursue a master's degree in aeronautical engineering with a Geoscience bachelor's degree, but additional courses may be required to meet program prerequisites.
big deal
Hello guys, I have 1 simple question,

Would I be able to get into Aeronautical Engineering (for my masters) after completing a Bachelour of science in Applied Geoscience with a minor in Theoretical Physics?

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Probably, with the understanding that you will be looking at taking a LOT of undergraduate work to fill in holes in your background. This is quite a big jump you are proposing, and to be fair, you will be lacking an awful lot of background material in mechanics, thermodynamics, and material science at the very least. Good luck.

Related to Can I get into aeronautical engineering with a bachelour in Geoscience

1. Can I pursue a career in aeronautical engineering with a bachelor's degree in Geoscience?

Yes, it is possible to enter the field of aeronautical engineering with a bachelor's degree in Geoscience. While a degree in aeronautical engineering may provide more specialized training, a degree in Geoscience can still provide a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and other relevant subjects.

2. Will I have to take additional courses to supplement my Geoscience degree?

In most cases, yes. Aeronautical engineering requires a strong understanding of mathematics, physics, and other engineering principles, which may not be covered in a Geoscience degree program. You may need to take additional courses in these subjects to meet the requirements for aeronautical engineering.

3. Are there any specific skills or experience I should have before pursuing aeronautical engineering?

While a degree in Geoscience can provide a strong foundation, it is beneficial to have a background in math and physics. Additionally, experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and programming languages may also be helpful in the field of aeronautical engineering.

4. Will my job opportunities be limited with a Geoscience degree in aeronautical engineering?

Somewhat. While having a degree in a specialized field like aeronautical engineering may give you an advantage in the job market, a degree in Geoscience can still provide opportunities in related fields such as aerospace engineering, environmental science, and geotechnical engineering.

5. Can I continue my education and pursue a master's degree in aeronautical engineering with a Geoscience bachelor's degree?

Yes, many universities offer master's degree programs in aeronautical engineering that accept students with a bachelor's degree in a related field, such as Geoscience. However, you may need to take additional courses to meet the prerequisites for the program.