Can I control the length of my alerts list on the new tab page?

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person who discovered a long list of alerts messages when they clicked on the "New Tab" option on the Alerts icon. They were wondering if there was a way to control the list and only show the new alerts that have not been checked or read yet. The other person suggests clicking on the "Unread" button at the top of the alerts page. The person using Google Chrome confirms that the controls are working properly now.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Suddenly upon rightclicking on the Alerts icon tool and choosing New Tab, I find a long list of alerts messages including from yesterday; even though there were only "2" alerts indicated as new. Not really so bad, but can we control this so it is back the way it was, to show only the new alerts which we/ I have not yet checked or read?

Physics news on Phys.org
Even left clicking I have always seen the full list, with the unread ones in bold. What OS and Browser are you using? You didn't see the full list before?

EDIT -- I guess the unread ones aren't in bold, they are just at the top of the list.

Go to that alerts page. There are two buttons at the top labelled "All" and "Unread". Try clicking the "Unread" one.

• Informative
Likes berkeman
Presentation seems to have gone back to the regular way; at least for now. I took no other actions.

Ibix said:
Go to that alerts page. There are two buttons at the top labelled "All" and "Unread". Try clicking the "Unread" one.
OK now I am seeing what you meant. That may help. Maybe those controls malfunctioned temporarily.
I use most of the time Google Chrome.

Ibix said:
I started playing with those a little bit. They are nice. I will have to remember this in the future.