Can anyone suggest some reading material for me?

In summary, the speaker is working on a quantitative finance research project and is seeking suggestions for mathematical texts to understand the proofs outlined in the appendices of two papers: "Systemic Risk and Sovereign Debt in the Euro Area" by Deyan Radev and "Consistent Information Multivariate Density Optimizing Methodology" by Segoviano. The speaker has a good mathematical background but needs to do some background reading to understand the mathematics presented in the appendices. The suggested text for Appendix 3 is "The Generalized Cross Entropy Method, with Applications to Probability Density Estimation" by Botev and Kroese.
Usagi
Hi guys, I'm doing a quantitative finance research project that is based on the following papers:

"Systemic Risk and Sovereign Debt in the Euro Area" - Deyan Radev (can be downloaded here: Systemic Risk and Sovereign Debt in the Euro Area by Deyan Radev :: SSRN)

and

"Consistent Information Multivariate Density Optimizing Methodology" - Segoviano (found here: http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/24511/1/dp557.pdf)

I have a fairly good mathematical background, however I was wondering if anyone can suggest me some good mathematical texts I can read in order to understand the proofs outlined in the Appendices of Radev's paper, more specifically it is appendix 3 which troubles me the most as I am very unfamiliar with the mathematics in that appendix, so I need to do some background mathematics reading first.

Also with the paper by Segoviano, again I was wondering if anyone can suggest me some good texts to read to understand the maths presented in sections 2.2-2.3 (page 11-16).

In general, I am just wishing to read whatever is required in order to understand the proofs and arguments presented in the aforementioned parts.

Many thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Usagi, :)

Usagi said:
I have a fairly good mathematical background, however I was wondering if anyone can suggest me some good mathematical texts I can read in order to understand the proofs outlined in the Appendices of Radev's paper, more specifically it is appendix 3 which troubles me the most as I am very unfamiliar with the mathematics in that appendix, so I need to do some background mathematics reading first.

Did you refer,

Botev, Z., and D. Kroese, 2011, The Generalized Cross Entropy Method, with Applications to Probability Density Estimation," Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability, 13 (1): 1-27.

as suggested on Appendix 3 ?

Related to Can anyone suggest some reading material for me?

1. What kind of reading material are you looking for?

I am open to suggestions for various genres and topics, including fiction, non-fiction, self-help, and educational material.

2. Do you have any specific preferences or requirements for the reading material?

No, I am open to any suggestions as long as the material is engaging and informative.

3. Can you provide any examples of reading material you have enjoyed in the past?

Sure, some of my favorite books include "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee, "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, and "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle.

4. Are you looking for physical books or electronic versions?

I am open to both physical books and electronic versions such as e-books or audiobooks.

5. How much time do you have for reading and how often do you plan on reading?

I have a flexible schedule, so I am open to suggestions for both short and long reading materials. I also plan on reading regularly, at least a few times a week.