Call of Duty World at War won't work

• Thread starter FishmanGeertz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary: I've gone through some different phases. Its my little brother that's playing Starcraft II right now. The game is 50% hotkeys, 30% strategy, 20% practice. Its a weird dynamic. Although, I played one game under his supervision, and you definitely have to be on top of your stuff to be competative. He couldn't shout out things to do fast enough. It was a very stressful 20 minutes to say the least.
FishmanGeertz
I tried playing call of duty world at war, and when I try booting it up, it then crashes back to windows and an error message pops up saying "call of duty world at war has stopped working, please choose to end this application now."

I've tried reinstalling it, and this same problem persists. I clearly remember playing this game a few months ago on this same computer. What the hell is the problem? The patches are like 2GB's each and you have to download them in sequence and install them in chronological order from oldest to latest. And there are like five or six patches.

Does this game have compatibility problems with Windows 7?

Why can't I play this game?...

Computer science news on Phys.org
FishmanGeertz said:
Why can't I play this game?...

Well, I'll be blunt, there's not enough to give you a diagnosis.

Have you checked out the gaming forums?

A quick Google search turned up loads:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...v4g-j2&aql=&oq=call+of+duty+world+at+war+wont

The top one mentions it's a sound issue:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f59/call-of-duty-world-at-war-wont-start-up-313373.html

jarednjames said:
Well, I'll be blunt, there's not enough to give you a diagnosis.

Have you checked out the gaming forums?

A quick Google search turned up loads:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...v4g-j2&aql=&oq=call+of+duty+world+at+war+wont

The top one mentions it's a sound issue:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f59/call-of-duty-world-at-war-wont-start-up-313373.html

I played it just fine a few months ago. I decided to give it another playthrough, and for some reason in stopped working.

FishmanGeertz said:
I played it just fine a few months ago. I decided to give it another playthrough, and for some reason in stopped working.

OK, but have you checked the Google results?

Updates are the biggest issue with computers 'suddenly breaking'.

As above, check the links provided and give it a go.

The correct answer is that Call of Duty World at War isn't very good. And your computer doesn't want to play it. It suggests Starcraft II.

dacruick said:
The correct answer is that Call of Duty World at War isn't very good. And your computer doesn't want to play it. It suggests Starcraft II.

I enjoyed it.

jarednjames said:
I enjoyed it.

I leave my first person shooters to my xbox. Although, I haven't played anything since Modern Warfare 1. I'm addicted to FIFA 11 right now.

dacruick said:

I hate RTS games. Besides, I was never any good at them.

dacruick said:
I leave my first person shooters to my xbox.

FPS on a console with a controller is a sin to me. You should try out Team Fortress 2 for the PC, if I were to give a game the "Best game ever made" title, TF2 would be it.

KrisOhn said:
FPS on a console with a controller is a sin to me. You should try out Team Fortress 2 for the PC, if I were to give a game the "Best game ever made" title, TF2 would be it.

Blasphemy to play an FPS on a console - you need the mouse!

The only one I let go on this is Modern Warfare 2 on PS3.

FishmanGeertz said:
I hate RTS games. Besides, I was never any good at them.

I've gone through some different phases. Its my little brother that's playing Starcraft II right now. The game is 50% hotkeys, 30% strategy, 20% practice. Its a weird dynamic. Although, I played one game under his supervision, and you definitely have to be on top of your stuff to be competative. He couldn't shout out things to do fast enough. It was a very stressful 20 minutes to say the least.

jarednjames said:
Blasphemy to play an FPS on a console - you need the mouse!

The only one I let go on this is Modern Warfare 2 on PS3.

The only one I play is Bad Company 2 on the PS3, and I even own it on the PC too.

KrisOhn said:

TF2 is a sweet game. Although its more of a novelty to me than a pure FPS like halo or CoD.

Related to Call of Duty World at War won't work

1. Why won't Call of Duty World at War work on my computer?

There could be several reasons why the game is not working on your computer. It could be due to compatibility issues, outdated drivers, or corrupted game files. It is also possible that your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for the game.

2. How can I fix the issue of Call of Duty World at War not launching?

First, try verifying the game files through the game launcher or the platform you purchased the game from. If that does not work, try updating your graphics and sound drivers. You can also try running the game as an administrator or in compatibility mode. If none of these solutions work, you may need to reinstall the game.

3. Why does the game keep crashing or freezing?

This could be due to a variety of reasons such as outdated drivers, overheating of your computer, or conflicting software. Make sure to update your drivers and close any unnecessary background programs before playing the game. You can also try lowering the graphics settings to reduce the strain on your computer.

4. I can't connect to multiplayer servers. What should I do?

If you are having trouble connecting to multiplayer servers, make sure that your internet connection is stable and that you are not experiencing any network issues. You can also try resetting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance. If the issue persists, it could be a problem with the game servers, in which case you should check for any server maintenance or updates.

5. How can I improve the performance of Call of Duty World at War on my computer?

If you are experiencing lag or low frame rates while playing the game, try lowering the graphics settings or closing any other programs that may be using resources on your computer. You can also try updating your graphics drivers or upgrading your hardware if your computer does not meet the recommended system requirements for the game.