Calculating Pressure Drop w/ Oscillating Diaphragm

In summary: This means that the velocity will change every 0.00333 seconds. Additionally, the frequency will not change based on the position of the diaphragm, as it is determined by the oscillation of the diaphragm itself. By calculating the volume flow rate and using the formula Q = A.c, you can determine the pressure losses in the system. In summary, the conversation discusses the oscillation of a diaphragm and how to define its velocity and time for a given frequency of 300 Hz in order to calculate pressure differences in a system.
Merttt

Homework Statement

During measurement of pressure differences by the using orifice and an electronic transducer, we can have some oscillation on diaphragm, I try to define this effect by the calculating pressure drop from vena contracta to transducer. I say that oscillation is 30 percent (maybe its too much, if someone has idea about it, could be nice). And I estimate frequency as 300 Hz.

thickness of transducer 0.203 mm
maximum volume deflection : 13.64 cubic milimeter
maximum deflection in center:0.1798 mm
surface area : 227.57
after oscillation,
volume deflection : 4.1 cubic milimeter (V1-V2)
maximum deflection in center: 0.1798 mm
Surface area : 227.54 mm2My problem is how I can define the velocity then?

V(t) = (V1-V2) sin(wt) w= 2 pi f t I think according to formula t means time; f frequency;
how i can define the time when frequency is 300 Hz?

On the other hand does frequency different when Diapghram is in V1 position or V2 Position.

After defining V here I can define volume flow rate Q =dV/dt m3/sn
Q= A.c

Here c shows velocity and I can calculate pressure loses then.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
I think according to formula t means time; f frequency;how i can define the time when frequency is 300 Hz?Answer: The time for one cycle of the oscillation is 1/300 Hz = 0.00333 seconds.

Related to Calculating Pressure Drop w/ Oscillating Diaphragm

1. What is the purpose of calculating pressure drop with an oscillating diaphragm?

The purpose of calculating pressure drop with an oscillating diaphragm is to determine the change in pressure that occurs when a fluid passes through a system with an oscillating diaphragm. This information is important in the design and optimization of various systems, such as pumps, filters, and valves.

2. How is pressure drop with an oscillating diaphragm calculated?

The pressure drop with an oscillating diaphragm can be calculated using the equation: ΔP = 0.5ρω²A²sin²(2πft), where ΔP is the pressure drop, ρ is the density of the fluid, ω is the angular velocity of the oscillating diaphragm, A is the amplitude of oscillation, f is the frequency of oscillation, and t is the time.

3. What factors can affect the pressure drop with an oscillating diaphragm?

Several factors can affect the pressure drop with an oscillating diaphragm, including the density and viscosity of the fluid, the size and shape of the diaphragm, the frequency and amplitude of oscillation, and the design and geometry of the system.

4. How can the pressure drop with an oscillating diaphragm be minimized?

The pressure drop with an oscillating diaphragm can be minimized by optimizing the design and geometry of the system, using a more viscous fluid, reducing the frequency and amplitude of oscillation, and selecting a diaphragm with a smaller size and shape.

5. What are the limitations of calculating pressure drop with an oscillating diaphragm?

One limitation of calculating pressure drop with an oscillating diaphragm is that it assumes a steady state flow and does not account for any transient effects. Additionally, the accuracy of the calculation may be affected by factors such as turbulence, non-uniform flow, and changes in fluid properties.