Calculating Frequency, Midpoint, Relative Frequency and Cumulative Frequency

In summary, the conversation discusses dividing a range into five equal parts, with a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 49. The five parts are 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, and 40-49. The conversation also mentions calculating frequency, midpoint, relative frequency, and cumulative frequency for a class limit of 0-9. The speaker also asks if there is another question to be addressed.
freedomdorm
I like Serena said:
Hi rihnavy! Welcome to MHB! ;)

By dividing the range into 5 equal parts.
The minimum is 0 and the maximum is 49.
So pick 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49.

Hello,
If the lowest class limit is 0-9 then how do I figure out the frequency, Midpoint, Relative frequency, and cumulative frequency?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
freedomdorm said:
Hello,
If the lowest class limit is 0-9 then how do I figure out the frequency, Midpoint, Relative frequency, and cumulative frequency?

Hey freedomdorm!

I saw you posted this update on to another question so I gave you your own thread. Are you curious about the other question or do you have a new problem you'd like us to look at? :)

Related to Calculating Frequency, Midpoint, Relative Frequency and Cumulative Frequency

1. What is frequency?

Frequency is the number of times a particular value or data point occurs in a dataset. It is often represented by the symbol 'f' and is an important measure in statistics and data analysis.

2. How do you calculate frequency?

To calculate frequency, you need to count the number of times a specific value occurs in a dataset. For example, if you have a dataset of test scores and want to find the frequency of scores above 80, you would count the number of scores that are greater than 80 in the dataset.

3. What is the midpoint in statistics?

The midpoint, also known as the mean, is the average of a dataset. It is calculated by adding all the values in the dataset and dividing by the total number of values. The midpoint is often used as a measure of central tendency in statistics.

4. How do you calculate relative frequency?

Relative frequency is the proportion of a specific value in a dataset compared to the total number of values in the dataset. It is calculated by dividing the frequency of a particular value by the total number of values in the dataset. This is often expressed as a percentage.

5. What is cumulative frequency?

Cumulative frequency is the sum of all frequencies up to a certain value in a dataset. It is often used to show the progression of values in a dataset and is useful for identifying patterns or trends. Cumulative frequency can also be expressed as a percentage of the total number of values in the dataset.