Calculating Force and Acceleration in a Two Block System with Varying Friction

BEORTA39
New user has been reminded to ensurfe that their posts and attachments are in English.
Homework Statement
in the A we need to find the force and acceleration of the system when we pull the lower block and the upper mass starts to move

in B we need to find the force and acceleration of the system when we pull the upper block and the upper mass starts to move

the friction before the lower mass and the floor is µ and the friction between the upper and lower mass is 3µ

please help me with that
Relevant Equations
newton laws
in the A we need to find the force and acceleration of the system when we pull the lower block and the upper mass starts to move

in B we need to find the force and acceleration of the system when we pull the upper block and the upper mass starts to move

the friction before the lower mass and the floor is µ and the friction between the upper and lower mass is 3µ

please help me with that

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (17).png
    Снимок экрана (17).png
    22.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 300.pdf
    418.9 KB · Views: 15
Physics news on Phys.org
Of course, I don't need anyone to solve my problem only to guide me where to start.

about the problem yes I do understand that i have one block in acceleration (lower one) and the other that starts to slide is affected by friction(static) force and i need to find F and a of the system what i tried to do is drawing forces like all forces problems and then creating equations to solve the problem the place where i stack is understand is i draw the forces correct. because upon that i create my equations

BEORTA39 said:
about the problem yes I do understand that i have one block in acceleration (lower one) and the other that starts to slide is affected by friction(static) force and i need to find F and a of the system what i tried to do is drawing forces like all forces problems and then creating equations to solve the problem the place where i stack is understand is i draw the forces correct. because upon that i create my equations
First, it's hard to read something with no punctuation. Second, I don't think you have understood the problem.

Likes MatinSAR
Welcome! :smile:

Separate the blocks from each other and the floor.
Then, draw a free body diagram for each block, including only force vectors acting on each, including weight and friction.

Please guys i think i fix it just tell me if my corrections is better now only. so i can sleep well 😊

Attachments

• solve.pdf
    856.2 KB · Views: 23
Very few here can read Hebrew. Forum rules say everything must be posted in English

Likes berkeman

Related to Calculating Force and Acceleration in a Two Block System with Varying Friction

1. How do you calculate the force in a two block system with varying friction?

To calculate the force in a two block system with varying friction, you need to first determine the net force acting on each block. This can be done by considering the forces acting on each block individually, including frictional forces, gravitational forces, and any external forces applied to the system.

2. What is the relationship between force and acceleration in a two block system?

The relationship between force and acceleration in a two block system is described by Newton's second law of motion, which states that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on it and inversely proportional to its mass. In a two block system, the total force acting on both blocks will determine the acceleration of the system as a whole.

3. How does friction affect the calculation of force and acceleration in a two block system?

Friction plays a significant role in the calculation of force and acceleration in a two block system. Frictional forces oppose the motion of the blocks and must be taken into account when determining the net force acting on each block. The presence of friction can decrease the acceleration of the system compared to an ideal scenario with no friction.

4. What are the key factors to consider when calculating force and acceleration in a two block system?

When calculating force and acceleration in a two block system, it is important to consider the masses of the blocks, the forces acting on each block (including friction), the coefficient of friction between the blocks and the surface they are on, and any external forces applied to the system. These factors will all influence the resulting force and acceleration of the system.

5. How can the calculation of force and acceleration in a two block system be applied in real-world scenarios?

The calculation of force and acceleration in a two block system with varying friction can be applied to various real-world scenarios, such as analyzing the motion of objects on inclined planes, determining the forces acting on vehicles towing trailers, or predicting the acceleration of objects on surfaces with different frictional properties. Understanding these calculations can help engineers and scientists optimize the performance of systems involving multiple interacting objects.