Calculate Torque, Speed & Radius for Motor Gearbox

In summary, the speaker is seeking help in finding the appropriate radius for a circular attachment to be used with a motor and spindle. They are unsure of how to apply the formula for torque and are struggling to find the correct radius to lift 0.5kg but not 1kg. They suggest finding the correct radius for 1kg and then using that to determine the maximum radius for lifting 0.5kg.
faymalaka
I have a motor

http://www.megabuy.com.au/gearbox-wi...utm_medium=cpc

and i want to attach a spindle, like a circular thing directly onto the shaft.

the circular thing has to have a radius, such that it lifts 0.5kg but does not lift 1kg,
i do not know how to find the radius so it lifts 0.5 but not 1! please help

]2. Homework Equations
F=ma, Torque=F*r

3. The Attempt at a Solution
i am having trouble as i don't think these formula's are the only ones i need. also the unit for toque is in a weird form and i don't know how to aplly it.

if i try to sub what i know into Torque=F*r, it doesn't work out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Link is down.

But if you think about it, you just need to find F for 1kg. And if torque is given, you can find R. Then you can say something like: "r has to be r<R."

Same for 0.5kg.

Related to Calculate Torque, Speed & Radius for Motor Gearbox

1. What is torque and how is it calculated?

Torque is a measure of rotational force. It is calculated by multiplying the force applied to an object by the distance from the point of rotation. In the case of a motor gearbox, torque is calculated by dividing the output power by the angular velocity.

2. How is speed determined for a motor gearbox?

Speed is a measure of how fast an object is moving. In the case of a motor gearbox, speed is determined by dividing the output power by the torque. This calculation gives the angular velocity of the motor gearbox.

3. What is the relationship between torque and speed in a motor gearbox?

There is an inverse relationship between torque and speed in a motor gearbox. This means that as torque increases, speed decreases and vice versa. This relationship is governed by the conservation of energy principle.

4. How does the radius of the motor gearbox affect torque and speed?

The radius of the motor gearbox plays a crucial role in determining the torque and speed. A larger radius will result in a higher torque and lower speed, while a smaller radius will result in a lower torque and higher speed. This is because torque is directly proportional to the radius, while speed is inversely proportional.

5. Can torque, speed, and radius be adjusted in a motor gearbox?

Yes, torque, speed, and radius can be adjusted in a motor gearbox by changing the gear ratio. This is done by using different sizes of gears or by adding more gears. Changing the gear ratio allows for a trade-off between torque and speed, allowing the motor gearbox to be optimized for different applications.