Calculate the torque, total displacement volume, when stroke and bore are equal

In summary, a 2,200 rpm six-cylinder four-stroke internal combustion engine produces 120 kW of brake power with a stroke and bore that are equal. The torque is calculated using the formula T=p/((2*pi*n)/60), which gives a value of 516.2 Nm. The values for displacement volume, stroke, and bore cannot be calculated with the given information.
Starrrrr

Homework Statement

A six-cylinder four-stroke internal combustion engine, running at 2,200 rpm, outputs 120 kW of brake power. The stroke is equal to the bore. The brake mean effective pressure is 5.5 MPa. Calculate the torque, total displacement volume, stroke and bore.

Homework Equations

T=p/((2*pi*n)/60) <formula for torque , I can't find the rest of the formula , I googled them![/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

So for torque I used the above formula t=120x10^3/((2*pi*2220)/60)=516.2Nm
I have no idea to calculate the displacement volume , stroke and bore but I know the stroke and bore are the same. I checked YouTube , multiple sites and still didn't find any information to calculate these things with the numbers I have been given.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for no help

Related to Calculate the torque, total displacement volume, when stroke and bore are equal

What is torque and how is it calculated?

Torque is a measure of the rotational force that is applied to an object. It is calculated by multiplying the force applied to the object by the distance from the center of rotation to the point where the force is applied.

What is total displacement volume?

Total displacement volume is the total amount of space that is displaced by an object as it moves from one position to another. It is commonly measured in units of volume, such as cubic meters or cubic inches.

How do you calculate torque when stroke and bore are equal?

When stroke and bore are equal, torque can be calculated by multiplying the force applied to the piston by the length of the stroke and dividing that by two times the radius of the cylinder.

What is the relationship between torque and total displacement volume?

There is no direct relationship between torque and total displacement volume. However, torque can be used to calculate the power output of an engine, which can then be used to determine the total displacement volume of the engine.

Why is it important to calculate torque and total displacement volume?

Calculating torque and total displacement volume is important in understanding the performance and efficiency of an engine. It can also help in designing and optimizing engines for specific purposes and applications.