Buy a Radiometry Textbook for 0-10 Miles Wave Generation

In summary, the conversation discussed the purchase of a book to educate oneself on sending radio waves through various distances, potentially up to hundreds of miles. The poster expressed a lack of interest in complicated electricity techniques unless they directly improve wave-generation efficiency. Some recommended books were Physics for Scientists and Engineers by Raymond A. Serway, Fundamentals of Physics by David Halliday and Robert Resnick, and Sears and Zemansky's University Physics. The topic of electromagnetic waves was suggested as a potential solution to the original question.
J3N0VA
I want to send radio waves through distances of 0 to 10 miles, maybe even hundreds of miles eventually. What book should I buy to educate myself?

I am not really interested in doing complicated things with electricity unless it translates directly into something which will improve the efficiency of the wave-generation.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Hello, these issues can be addressed from a basic text as:
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers Raymond A. Serway
- Fundamentals of Physics David Halliday, Robert Resnick
- Sears and Zemansky's University Physics
Which is not your level of physical, no do not let know. However, in all recommended texts here, you can look in the chapter on electromagnetic waves, surely there, you will find solution to your question. Greetings.

Related to Buy a Radiometry Textbook for 0-10 Miles Wave Generation

1. What is radiometry?

Radiometry is the measurement of electromagnetic radiation, including visible light, infrared, and ultraviolet radiation. It involves the study of the properties and behavior of electromagnetic radiation, including how it is emitted, transmitted, and detected.

2. Why do I need a radiometry textbook for 0-10 miles wave generation?

A radiometry textbook for 0-10 miles wave generation will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the principles and techniques used in measuring and analyzing electromagnetic radiation within this specific distance range. It will also cover important topics such as radiative transfer, remote sensing, and atmospheric radiation.

3. What topics are typically covered in a radiometry textbook for 0-10 miles wave generation?

A radiometry textbook for 0-10 miles wave generation will cover topics such as the basics of radiation and its properties, radiative transfer equations, atmospheric effects on radiation, remote sensing techniques, and the use of radiometers and other instruments for measuring radiation.

4. Is this textbook suitable for beginners?

Yes, this radiometry textbook for 0-10 miles wave generation is suitable for beginners. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the subject and does not assume any prior knowledge of radiometry.

5. Can I use this textbook for practical applications?

Yes, this textbook is designed to provide a practical understanding of radiometry and its applications in fields such as remote sensing, atmospheric science, and radiative transfer modeling. It includes real-world examples and exercises to help you apply the concepts learned.