Buoyancy impulse turbine. Perpetual electricity. Is this possible?

In summary, the conversation discusses the development of a solution for perpetual electricity generation without conventional energy inputs. The speaker is trying to create a turbine powered by buoyancy and magnetic force, and is seeking feedback on the feasibility of their design. However, it is pointed out that perpetual motion is not possible according to the first law of thermodynamics. The conversation ends with a recommendation to visit a website discussing unworkable inventions.
tastybarrels
Although I'm sure people have been looking to develop a solution like this since the beginning of time (at least, the first use of electricity), I'm trying to achieve a design that will enable perpetual electricity generation without the addition of conventional energy inputs. Essentially, I'm trying to create a turbine that is powered by buoyancy and uses magnetic force to drive the rotor. My core question is whether it is possible to ensure that the air circulates throughout the apparatus in a controlled cycle. I'm hoping that by using a regulator on top, I can prevent water from entering the reservoir and ensure that the escaped air creates enough pressure to induce air to release from the bottom of the apparatus.

I know this may sound confusing, so I tried to draw up how I envision it working. I've attached the image. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I took introductory physics in high school (ten years ago) and failed chemistry the year after...suffice it to say I have NO idea whether this is feasible.

Thanks for having a look. I hope some of you will be kind enough to share a bit of feedback. (Additional conversation on this idea--I hope--can be found on my blog: jmreinoso.wordpress.com)

Cheers!

Attachments

• impulseturbine.jpg
    impulseturbine.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 416
Physics news on Phys.org
what do you mean by magnetic force?

We don't do 'debunk my perpetual motion machine' discussions here. Perpetual motion of that type is forbidden by the first law of thermodynamics and is therefore not possible. No detailed debunking is required You're wasting your time. You may be interested in this site: http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/unwork.htm

Thread locked.

Related to Buoyancy impulse turbine. Perpetual electricity. Is this possible?

1. Can a buoyancy impulse turbine generate perpetual electricity?

The short answer is no. The concept of perpetual motion, where a machine can run continuously without any external source of energy, goes against the laws of thermodynamics. While a buoyancy impulse turbine can generate electricity from the movement of water, it cannot do so indefinitely without an external source of energy.

2. How does a buoyancy impulse turbine work?

A buoyancy impulse turbine utilizes the principle of buoyancy, where a submerged object experiences an upward force equal to the weight of the fluid it displaces. This force is used to turn a turbine, which in turn generates electricity. The turbine is designed to rotate in one direction, allowing for a continuous flow of water to turn it.

3. What are the advantages of using a buoyancy impulse turbine?

One advantage is that it is a renewable energy source, as it relies on the natural movement of water. It is also environmentally friendly, as it does not produce any emissions or pollutants. Additionally, the buoyancy impulse turbine has a simple design and can be easily integrated into existing water systems.

4. What are the limitations of a buoyancy impulse turbine?

One limitation is that it requires a constant flow of water to operate, so it may not be suitable for all locations. It also has a lower efficiency compared to other forms of renewable energy, such as wind or solar. The size and weight of the turbine may also pose challenges for installation and maintenance.

5. Can a buoyancy impulse turbine be used for large-scale electricity generation?

While a buoyancy impulse turbine can generate electricity, it may not be suitable for large-scale electricity generation. Its efficiency and dependence on a constant flow of water may make it more practical for smaller, localized applications. Additionally, the cost of building and maintaining a large-scale buoyancy impulse turbine system may be prohibitive.