Books for Preparation of competitive Exams

In summary, the speaker is looking for resources to help them prepare for various exams, including BIT-SAT, AIEEE, and Advanced Placement. They specifically mention needing books for Physics and Maths, and ask for recommendations on resources for Pre-Calculus. They mention using books like I E Irodov and Fundamentals of Physics for Physics and HC Verma, OP Tandon, Arihant, ML Khanna, and RD Sharma for Maths. They also mention struggling with solving I E Irodov problems and ask for strategies for solving them. The speaker also mentions buying Interactive Physics and recommends using HC Verma before moving on to I E Irodov. They also make suggestions for resources in other subjects such as Organic and Inorganic Chemistry
Dr. Physics
Hi friends this is my first post on PF. I see their is some undiscovered resource in Forum.
I am appearing for exams like BIT-SAT, AIEEE and Advanced Placement and A-Levels.
I need those books which can make concepts clear in Physics from scratch or at intermediate level. And also for Maths which include Inverse Trignometric Functions and the most important Calculus. You can also suggest me some Pre-Calculus resources.I need this resource so that I can master the topic in minimum time as possible.
I hope this would help me.
I have the following books available right now for physics.
1. I E Irodov
2. Fundamentals of Physics by Resnick, Halliday and Walkar.
I uses these two books to strengthen by concepts and problem solving ability.

Physics news on Phys.org
hc verma in physics is good,op tandon in physical and inorganic chem... and arihant in organic chemistry,ml khanna and rd sharma in mathematics

not again that. They don't explain things clearly but good as well.

You can try sl looney in trignometry and coordinate geometry n higher algebra by hall and knight and calculus by ia maron,

I bought I A Maron Calculus and also I E Irodov for general physics problems.
I was able to solve about 30% of total sum and the rest were getting much harder.
Do you know the best book for solving I E Irodov Problems, I don't want the solution set but the problem solving strategies.

Then buy interactive physics,it teaches application of concepts,solve hc verma problems first then switch to ie irodov + you can also try morrision and boyd or solomon in organic ,jd lee in inorganic chemistry and peter atkhins in physical part

Related to Books for Preparation of competitive Exams

1. What are the best books for preparing for competitive exams?

The best books for preparing for competitive exams can vary depending on the specific exam you are preparing for. It is important to research and read reviews to find the most recommended and effective books for your exam. Additionally, it is helpful to consult with others who have successfully taken the exam for their recommendations.

2. Are there any specific books that cover all topics for competitive exams?

It is unlikely that one book will cover all topics for competitive exams as each exam may have a different focus and require different types of preparation. It is best to use a combination of books and resources to cover all necessary topics for your specific exam.

3. How can I choose the right books for my competitive exam preparation?

Choosing the right books for your competitive exam preparation can be a daunting task. It is important to first understand the exam format and topics that will be covered. From there, you can research and read reviews to find the most recommended and effective books for your specific exam.

4. Are there any online resources that can supplement my book preparation?

Yes, there are many online resources available to supplement your book preparation for competitive exams. These can include practice tests, study guides, and video tutorials. It is important to use a combination of resources to fully prepare for your exam.

5. How can I effectively utilize books for my competitive exam preparation?

To effectively utilize books for your competitive exam preparation, it is important to create a study schedule and stick to it. Make sure to read and review the material regularly and take practice tests to assess your progress. It is also helpful to take notes and create study guides from the material in the books.