Book recommendation; magnetism/magnetic entropy related

In summary, some good books to read about magnetism and magnetic entropy include "Magnetism: A Very Short Introduction" by Stephen J. Blundell, "Magnetic Entropy and Related Topics in Statistical Physics" by Claude Godrèche and Jean-Michel Luck, and "Magnetism and Magnetic Materials" by J.M.D. Coey. For beginners, "Introduction to Magnetism and Magnetic Materials" by David Jiles is a recommended introductory book. There are also books specifically about magnetic entropy, such as "Magnetic Entropy and Related Topics in Statistical Physics" by Claude Godrèche and Jean-Michel Luck. For those interested in both magnetism and thermodynamics, "Magnetism and Magnetic Materials
Ron Burgundypants
I'm looking for a book to help me understand a project I'm working on measuring the magnetocaloric effect. I'd like to understand a bit more about the link between magnetism and entropy. I'm a third year bachelor student so I've studied no quantum mechanics (yet), but I'm not against doing so if it helps.

I've got schroders book introduction to thermodynamics, which is very good but I want something specifically about magnetism.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Landau Lifshitz?

Likes Ron Burgundypants
DrDu said:
Landau Lifshitz?
Thanks, I'll have a look, I also just found out the whole range is available for free pdf download

Related to Book recommendation; magnetism/magnetic entropy related

1. What are some good books to read about magnetism and magnetic entropy?

Some popular books on this topic include "Magnetism: A Very Short Introduction" by Stephen J. Blundell, "Magnetic Entropy and Related Topics in Statistical Physics" by Claude Godrèche and Jean-Michel Luck, and "Magnetism and Magnetic Materials" by J.M.D. Coey.

2. Are there any introductory books on magnetism for beginners?

Yes, "Introduction to Magnetism and Magnetic Materials" by David Jiles is a great introductory book for those new to the topic.

3. Are there any books specifically about magnetic entropy?

Yes, "Magnetic Entropy and Related Topics in Statistical Physics" by Claude Godrèche and Jean-Michel Luck is a comprehensive book on the subject.

4. Can you recommend a book that covers both magnetism and thermodynamics?

"Magnetism and Magnetic Materials" by J.M.D. Coey covers both magnetism and thermodynamics in depth.

5. Are there any books that explain the practical applications of magnetism and magnetic entropy?

"Magnetic Materials: Fundamentals and Applications" by Nicola A. Spaldin discusses the practical applications of magnetism and magnetic entropy in various fields such as electronics, energy, and medicine.