Book after Modern Cosmology by Liddle

In summary, after finishing the book Introduction to Modern Cosmology by Liddle, some possible next steps could be reading more advanced undergraduate books such as Introduction to Cosmology by Matt Roos or Gravitation and Cosmology by Steven Weinberg. For postgraduate level, Principles of Physical Cosmology by P. J. E. Peebles, Cosmological Physics by J. A. Peacock, Modern Cosmology by S. Dodelson, and Physical Foundations of Cosmology by V. Mukhanov are recommended. However, some readers may find issues with Roos's book and Mukhanov's book may require a background in QFT. Another suggestion is to refer to Daniel Baumann's lecture
shinobi20
I just want to know what is the most logical next step after finishing the book Introduction to Modern Cosmology by Liddle? Some of the books that Liddle cited are

Advanced undergraduate:
Introduction to Cosmology by Matt Roos
Gravitation and Cosmology by Steven Weinberg (Undergrad!?)

Postgraduate:
Principles of Physical Cosmology by P. J. E. Peebles
Cosmological Physics by J. A. Peacock (Many bad reviews)
Modern Cosmology by S. Dodelson
Physical Foundations of Cosmology by V. Mukhanov

I have also read the book by Roos but I knida dislike it because I feel like there is poor organization of the materials and I found some errors but I can't find any errata so I can't completely trust his book. As for Mukhanov's book, I feel as though it requires QFT as background (I haven't taken QFT yet)? Can anyone advise me on this matter?

You could try Daniel Baumann's lecture notes for a cosmology course that he taught at Cambridge,

http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/db275/Cosmology/Lectures.pdf

George Jones said:
You could try Daniel Baumann's lecture notes for a cosmology course that he taught at Cambridge,

http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/db275/Cosmology/Lectures.pdf
Isn't that too big of a leap? I think I can handle the first few parts but how about the perturbation part?

Related to Book after Modern Cosmology by Liddle

1. What is the main focus of the book "Modern Cosmology" by Liddle?

The main focus of the book is to provide a comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of the theories and observations in modern cosmology, including the Big Bang theory, dark matter, dark energy, and the evolution of the universe.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

The book is intended for anyone with a basic understanding of physics and mathematics who is interested in learning about the latest advancements in modern cosmology. It is also suitable for students and researchers in the field.

3. How does this book differ from other books on cosmology?

This book stands out for its approachable writing style and clear explanations of complex concepts. It also includes up-to-date information and recent advancements in the field, making it a valuable resource for those looking to expand their knowledge of modern cosmology.

4. What are some of the key topics covered in the book?

The book covers a wide range of topics including the history of cosmology, the expanding universe, the cosmic microwave background radiation, the formation and evolution of galaxies, and the search for dark matter and dark energy. It also discusses various theories and models, such as inflation and the multiverse theory.

5. Are there any prerequisites for reading this book?

While a basic understanding of physics and mathematics is helpful, the book is written in a way that is accessible to a general audience. The author also provides brief explanations of key concepts and equations throughout the book, making it suitable for those with varying levels of background knowledge in the subject.