Be a Man: Eat Crap with Burger King!

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, men should be able to eat crap and not feel guilty, and women should only work off crap if they enjoy fruit.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Super-size me Burger King! I want to be a man and eat crap.

Real men have cardiac events. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm afraid to look at the link. That movie "Super Size Me" was on TV recently, and I could only watch a very short part of it before it made me sick and I turned it off.

Ivan Seeking said:

Super-size me Burger King! I want to be a man and eat crap.

Real men have cardiac events. :biggrin:
You haven't seen this commercial on TV?

Incidentally, it's a parody of the Helen Reddy hit, I am woman.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ujzEfyBpGBo

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure that isn't Helen Reddy in the back seat.

Men shouldn't sing and dance to choreography. Other than that...gotta locate my nearest Burger King tomorrow...

Moonbear said:
I'm afraid to look at the link. That movie "Super Size Me" was on TV recently, and I could only watch a very short part of it before it made me sick and I turned it off.
That guy soooo missed the point. McDonalds should buy La Fitness - that's how guys work. They can't stop themselves from eating the crap, but they can't stand to look at their guts in the mirror so they go to the gym to work it off.

russ_watters said:
That guy soooo missed the point. McDonalds should buy La Fitness - that's how guys work. They can't stop themselves from eating the crap, but they can't stand to look at their guts in the mirror so they go to the gym to work it off.

I can't say I know for certain what the point was. I mean, I know what other people say the point was, but since I only watched until about meal 2 or day 2 (not sure which it was) when he started vomiting up the meal he had just eaten, and the camera actually panned to the pile of vomit. I decided there was no reason at all to continue watching.

But...:smile: It's not just guys who do that. One of my friends was talking about an ice cream place in town yesterday, and someone asked her how much further she has to run after she eats there. Yep, indulge in the ice cream, but then go running to work it all back off. :rolleyes: Oh, that's the difference...women won't do the extra workout for Burger King, they'll only do it for chocolate. Different standards of what sort of fat is worth the extra effort of burning it off. :biggrin:

Its so much easier if you enjoy fruit. Theres only 50 odd calories in an apple. I can work that off sitting here on my butt just breathing :biggrin:

Related to Be a Man: Eat Crap with Burger King!

1. What is "Be a Man: Eat Crap with Burger King!"?

"Be a Man: Eat Crap with Burger King!" is a campaign launched by Burger King in 2016 to promote their new menu items, including the "Angriest Whopper" and "Grilled Dogs". The campaign featured commercials and social media posts encouraging men to "be a man" by indulging in these high-calorie, high-fat foods.

2. Is "Be a Man: Eat Crap with Burger King!" still running?

No, the campaign ended in 2016 and is no longer being promoted by Burger King. However, some of the menu items that were featured in the campaign may still be available at select locations.

3. What was the purpose of this campaign?

The purpose of this campaign was to appeal to a certain demographic, specifically young men, by using language and imagery that reinforces traditional gender stereotypes. The campaign was also a way for Burger King to promote their new menu items and potentially attract new customers.

4. Did this campaign receive any backlash?

Yes, the campaign received significant backlash for promoting unhealthy eating habits and perpetuating harmful gender stereotypes. Many people criticized Burger King for their use of language and imagery, and the campaign was ultimately deemed unsuccessful.

5. Has Burger King faced any consequences for this campaign?

While there were no major consequences for Burger King, the backlash and negative publicity surrounding this campaign may have affected their brand image and potentially led to a decrease in sales. It also highlighted the importance of responsible and ethical advertising practices in the food industry.