Balancing an Egg on the Equinox - I Did It!

• Thread starter mbrmbrg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Egg
In summary, a conversation was had about the ability to balance an egg on its end, with some people successfully balancing an egg and others questioning the difficulty of the task. One person mentioned a deformity in their egg that made it easier to balance, while another recommended looking up videos of Phil Plait balancing eggs. Despite doubts and references to magic, the conversation ended with the determination to continue experimenting with balancing eggs.

Balancing a single egg is easy. Let's see you balance an egg on top of another egg.

Physics news on Phys.org

jreelawg said:
Balancing a single egg is easy. Let's see you balance an egg on top of another egg.

I can do better. I can balance an egg on top of four eggs, which are themselves, balanced on an egg carton.

QuarkCharmer said:
I can do better. I can balance an egg on top of four eggs, which are themselves, balanced on an egg carton.

Hrm. I take umbrage with your definition of "balance". :-p

I wonder how many people are now obsessed with balancing eggs due to this thread?

Evo said:
I wonder how many people are now obsessed with balancing eggs due to this thread?
That would be a fun statistic! How many people stumbled across this silly thread and just HAD to see if they could do it...

turbo said:
That would be a fun statistic! How many people stumbled across this silly thread and just HAD to see if they could do it...

And that, my friends, is how pop science is born!

thats pretty impressive, considering there must be organic deformties inside the egg itself!

DaveC426913 said:
Hrm. I take umbrage with your definition of "balance". :-p
Quit stealing all the umbrage! Leave some for others.

Well, this probably doesn't apply but if infant to balance an egg I just sprinkle some salt on the table and then balance it on that. If your husband Is the kind of guy that would pull that off then ask him about it.