Bad Post Reports - Can I Get Receipts?

• Thread starter Bystander
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of getting receipts for Bad Post Reports and the difficulties that come with it. The report has been received and the issue is being addressed.
Bystander
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Any possibility of getting receipts for Bad Post Reports? I've got an "autocrash" problem lately (page cannot be displayed) popping up every two or three navigation steps (forum jumps, mark read, preview post, submit post, and the like), and if there were some sort of bad post submitted counter to peek at, it'd save me the concern that I'm being a nuisance with multiple reporting.

Physics news on Phys.org
Bystander,
Your report has been recieved. I guess we hope that taking action is the best sign the thread report has been recieved. Unfortunatly, we are not always here. I also see some long delays in accepting file attachments.

Hmm...

Back later.

Action? Yeah, some are obvious, but there are a few that are really judgment calls --- might bother me, but be fine with mods, hence, no action.

Reason I asked is that, near as I can tell, normal sequence of events when I hit "submit" is that the report is submitted, then I'm returned to the page within the thread from which I started; fine when things are working 'mongst Windows, IE, the ISP, and PF; leaves me no idea whether the report was sent when things aren't working, and IE brings up "this page cannot be displayed," and "Back" and "Refresh" do nothing for me. Just prefer not to be a pest, yet want to bring the odd "train wreck" to mods' attentions.

Edit: f'rinstance, this post fought me for two minutes and four cycles through "Back" and "Refresh" before it took. This edit is the second attempt to edit --- "Submit" on the first attempt did not work, cycling B&R didn't work, and it was a matter of disconnect and log back in.

Last edited:
I feel your pain with the connection problems. I have been having a similar problems with some software at work. It can be a lesson in how to turn a 2 min. task into to a 20 min. chore.

You are correct, most of our "moderating" is a judgement call. We often have discussions about reported posts when there is not a clearly correct path.

Some get a collective :rolleyes: and nothing is done.

Some wait for a second opinion, or the return of a more qualified mentor (i.e. a forum "owner") This can take longer.

The obvious ones are usually acted on by the first mentor to see the report. Sometimes this can be pretty quick, other times not. We have mentors in Europe and the US (No Asian, to my knowledge) So we could have holes in our coverage, considering that we have many Asian members in our international community.

Remember that we are learning to do this as we go along, we are human and we make mistakes. But this forum is a labor of love for most of us so we do our best.

Greg or Chroot will have to answer your question about the automatic receipt notification.

Related to Bad Post Reports - Can I Get Receipts?

1. What are bad post reports?

Bad post reports refer to posts on social media or other online platforms that are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or against the platform's community guidelines. These reports are often made by other users who flag the post for review by the platform's moderators.

2. Can I report a post if I didn't personally receive it?

Yes, you can report a post even if you didn't personally receive it. If you come across a post that violates the platform's guidelines, you can report it by flagging it for review. This helps keep the platform safe and respectful for all users.

3. Will I receive a receipt for my report?

No, you will not receive a receipt for reporting a post. Platforms typically do not provide receipts for reports as it may lead to users abusing the reporting system. However, you may receive a notification if your report results in action being taken against the reported post.

4. Can I get updates on the status of my report?

Some platforms may provide updates on the status of your report, while others may not. If you are concerned about a specific post or want to follow up on your report, you can contact the platform's support team for more information.

5. How long does it take for a report to be reviewed?

The length of time it takes for a report to be reviewed varies depending on the platform's policies and the severity of the reported post. In some cases, reports may be reviewed and action may be taken within a few hours, while in other cases it may take longer. It's important to be patient and allow the platform's moderators to properly review and handle reports.