Baby it's cold outside -- revived

In summary, it is currently very cold in Toronto, with the wind chill making it feel much colder. Tomorrow, Toronto is expecting a high of -11 C with a wind chill of -22 C (-8 F).
StatGuy2000
Education Advisor
Well, here in Toronto, ON, Canada, it is currently -9 deg Celsius with a windchill of -18 deg Celsius (for Americans, that is 16 deg Fahrenheit with a windchill of -0.4 deg Fahrenheit). Tomorrow Toronto is expecting a high of -11 deg Celsius (12 deg Fahrenheit) with a windchill of -22 deg Celsius (-8 deg Fahrenheit).

How is the weather in your area today?

Likes Silicon Waffle
Physics news on Phys.org
It is currently 18 degrees celsius where I am; 64.4 Fahrenheit. (Lower Hutt, New Zealand)

25C here in LA. :D It's like this all year long baby.

StatGuy2000 said:
Well, here in Toronto, ON, Canada, it is currently -9 deg Celsius with a windchill of -18 deg Celsius (for Americans, that is 16 deg Fahrenheit with a windchill of -0.4 deg Fahrenheit). Tomorrow Toronto is expecting a high of -11 deg Celsius (12 deg Fahrenheit) with a windchill of -22 deg Celsius (-8 deg Fahrenheit).

Time to call in the army! (Like 16 years ago.)

Sorry, but this is nothing. I have walked in 3 provinces, Quebec, Manitoba, and BC, with the actual (not wind chill) temperature in the -30s C. Yesterday, my 8-year-old daughter and I walked for 25 minutes (one way) at -20C (actual) just to go to Tim Hortons.

Matterwave said:
25C here in LA. :D It's like this all year long baby.
That's why I want to move to Beverly Hills!

StevieTNZ said:
That's why I want to move to Beverly Hills!

I lived on a tropical island (in the US Virgin Islands) for 2 years, and, while I loved the snorkeling in the tropical waters, I also missed the snow and the cold!

School is being called off for tomorrow because of the extreme wind-chill.

Sunny and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values between -7 and -16. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.

from http://www.weather.gov/

I always enjoy the lowest 32 deg Celsius, get almost wet inside out everyday because of my sweat. Yay! Africa rocks! almost sunny and wild.

Borg said:
U.S. East Coast braces for 'historic' blizzard on Monday
Looks like it's going to be a rough ride. :bugeye:
Delta said on Sunday it was canceling 600 flights because of the blizzard warning for the East Coast. Southwest Airlines said it had canceled about 20 flights and American Airlines had so far canceled a handful.
I would imaging the NYCity airports will close, so don't count on flying the EWR, LGA or JFK.

It's soo hot in here but soo cold outside.

Now that's cold! :bugeye:

150219-frozen-jeep-imprint-arp-115p_5834b86747f6b4549fd137f9daea703b.nbcnews-ux-1200-900.jpg

Likes nsaspook and Evo
That's awesome.

There's a Jeep commercial in there somewhere...

Likes Borg
First proof of the invisibility cloak.

Likes Borg
This week, a high of -5F almost every day, windchills bringing it to -15 to -20F, and the lows at night are as cold as -16F.

http://wtop.com/watercooler/2015/02/ski-resort-offers-asylum-punxsutawney-phil-police-issue-arrest-warrant/
On Tuesday, the Merrimack, New Hampshire Police Department wrote on Facebook it had an “arrest warrant” for Punxsutawney Phil, adding that the groundhog should be considered armed and dangerous after he “told several people that Winter would last 6 more weeks, however he failed to disclose that it would consist of mountains of snow!”

News flash, he's been spotted.
https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQDjwMbc7zvQrZ15&w=281&h=350&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn2-b.examiner.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2Fimage_content_width%2Fhash%2F27%2F17%2F1363906647_8689_hog1.jpg%3Fitok%3DnKTIheV1

B-IGaRgCcAAEsrm.jpg

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/28150041/ice-volcano

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since I started (or shall I say, revived this thread):

Today, here in Toronto we have a high of -14 C, with a windchill of -22 C (that would be 7 F with a windchill of -8 F), but earlier this morning the weather was -24 C, with a windchill of -38 C (-11 F with a windchill of -36 F). Yesterday, we pretty much had the same weather, and earlier last Sunday we had a high of -19 C with a windchill of -27 C (-2 F with a windchill of -17 F).

Fortunately, we're supposed to warm up tomorrow, but with 10 cm (4 in) of snow.

Here in Ohio near Columbus, it's been hovering around zero Fahrenheit, plus or minus about 8 degrees with wind-chills as low as -25F. So, pretty cold. At those temperatures, I don't think I need to convert to C.

My location's forecast;

ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1424477830.597831.jpg

Related to Baby it's cold outside -- revived

What is the controversy surrounding the song "Baby it's cold outside -- revived"?

The controversy surrounding the song "Baby it's cold outside -- revived" has to do with the lyrics and its perceived message of coercion and lack of consent. Some people argue that the song promotes a toxic and predatory attitude towards women.

When was "Baby it's cold outside -- revived" originally written?

The original version of "Baby it's cold outside" was written in 1944 by Frank Loesser, a popular songwriter at the time. It was first performed by Loesser and his wife, Lynn Garland, at their housewarming party.

Why is the song "Baby it's cold outside -- revived" considered a holiday song?

The song "Baby it's cold outside" is often associated with the holiday season because it was used in the 1949 movie "Neptune's Daughter" during a Christmas party scene. Since then, it has become a popular song to play during the winter months and has been covered by many artists.

Has "Baby it's cold outside -- revived" been banned from the radio?

Some radio stations have chosen not to play the song "Baby it's cold outside" due to the controversy surrounding its lyrics. However, it has not been officially banned and can still be heard on many radio stations during the holiday season.

What are some interpretations of the lyrics in "Baby it's cold outside -- revived"?

The lyrics in "Baby it's cold outside" can be interpreted in different ways. Some argue that it is a flirty and playful song between two consenting adults, while others see it as a song promoting manipulation and pressure. Some artists have even released versions of the song with updated lyrics to make it more consensual and less controversial.