Arrange LEDs on a Breadboard: Solve SSUET Glowing Problem

In summary, you are trying to arrange LEDs on a breadboard so that they will glow entirely with LEDs, but you are having trouble doing so. A website called "ledcalculator.net" can help you figure out how to do this.
Ali Inam
I want to arrange LEDs on a breadboard want to glow SSUET entirely with LEDs.

The problem is that I am unable to understand the accurate arrangements to make the circuit. All of my LEDs are not glowing at the same time.

Can anyone please explain me the procedure of designing of the circuit.
I will be delighted for any help.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Post a circuit diagram so we can see what you already tried. You may also want to simulate your circuit using multisim or the like.

SSUET is a university in Karachi and you want to spell out SSUET with LEDs? Is that right?

This will take a lot of LEDs.

[PLAIN]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4222062/led%20display%202.PNG

I found this site:

http://ledcalculator.net/

which seems to do a good job of working out these arrays. Click on the link to try it.

I started with a supply of 20 volts and a voltage per LED of 3.5 volts for white LEDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot, let me try out

You know this University ? !
:approve:

You know this University ? !

Sadly, no.
I found it on Google, but I now know more about it than I did before.

Unfortunately, we only ever see bad news stories from Pakistan, like earthquakes or train crashes, and all the good stuff stays inside your country. I would love to see Pakistan.

Who was Sir Syed, the SS in SSUET?

you might have heard about the Aligarh Muslim University in India, which was the first University in the sub-continent of its kind.

Sir Syed was the founder of that university is the 1890s and today, most of our experienced professors did their BS from there before going abroad for higher degree.

The SSUET, of which I am a part, has been established by a group of Old Aligarh Students who are also in the administration.

P.S:
Pakistan is a great country, its just the media which exaggerates everything up !

Related to Arrange LEDs on a Breadboard: Solve SSUET Glowing Problem

1. How do I arrange LEDs on a breadboard?

To arrange LEDs on a breadboard, first determine the positive and negative leads of each LED. Then, connect the positive leads to the positive rail on the breadboard and the negative leads to the negative rail. Finally, insert the appropriate resistors between the positive leads and the corresponding holes on the breadboard.

2. What is the SSUET glowing problem?

The SSUET glowing problem refers to an issue where LEDs on a breadboard connected to an SSUET (single switch universal error tester) circuit do not light up as expected. This can be caused by incorrect wiring or insufficient power supply.

3. How can I solve the SSUET glowing problem?

To solve the SSUET glowing problem, first check that all connections are correct and secure. If the issue persists, check the power supply and make sure it is supplying enough voltage for the LEDs to light up. You may also need to adjust the resistance of the resistors in the circuit.

4. Do I need to use resistors when arranging LEDs on a breadboard?

Yes, it is important to use resistors when arranging LEDs on a breadboard. LEDs have a specific forward voltage and if this voltage is exceeded, they can be damaged. Resistors help limit the current flow to the LEDs and prevent them from burning out.

5. Can I use any type of LED when arranging them on a breadboard?

No, not all LEDs are suitable for use on a breadboard. Make sure to use LEDs with the correct forward voltage for the power supply being used. Additionally, the pins of the LED should be long enough to fit into the holes of the breadboard, and the LED should have a clear polarity marking for proper wiring.