Are Images in Email Signatures No Longer Allowed?

• Thread starter Beren
  • Start date
In summary, signatures being turned off means that the option to add a signature to emails or documents has been disabled. This can be done by the user or administrator, and is often done for professional or legal reasons. To turn signatures back on, users can go to settings or contact the administrator. Existing signatures are usually not lost when turned off, but changes may not be saved. It is possible to have different signatures for different email accounts.
Beren
Have images in signatures been turned off? If so, permanently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by Beren
Have images in signatures been turned off? If so, permanently?

Yes, not sure for how long. Just trying to save on bandwidth, sorry :frown:

Now I'm going to have to say something witty in there, sheesh. :wink:

Related to Are Images in Email Signatures No Longer Allowed?

1. What does it mean when signatures have been turned off?

When signatures have been turned off, it means that the option to add a signature to the end of your emails or documents has been disabled. This could be done by the user or by the administrator of a certain program or platform.

2. Why would signatures be turned off?

Signatures may be turned off for various reasons. Some organizations or companies may have policies that restrict the use of signatures for professional communication. It could also be turned off to prevent spam or to comply with legal regulations.

3. How can I turn signatures back on?

The method to turn signatures back on will depend on the specific program or platform you are using. In most cases, you can go to the settings or preferences section to enable the signature option. You may also need to contact the administrator for assistance.

4. Will my existing signature be lost if it was turned off?

In most cases, your existing signature will not be lost even if it has been turned off. It will simply not appear at the end of your emails or documents. However, if you make changes to your signature while it is turned off, those changes may not be saved.

5. Can I have different signatures for different email accounts?

Yes, many email programs allow you to create multiple signatures and assign them to different email accounts. This can be useful if you have separate accounts for work and personal use, or if you want to have different signatures for different purposes.