Are Free Movie Streaming Sites Worth the Hassle?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Net
In summary, the content you were watching was hosted by megavideo, but it was removed from the site because of a copyright infringement. You should be able to watch it online if it is on megavideo, but you may also be able to watch it on the bbc if you are in the UK.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
What a load of dirt bags, i was watching a film hosted by megavideo, and when it came to the good bit a notice poped up saying, you have watched 72 mins please try again in 52mins.

So, i found the same film in two halves hosted by yoko, so i selected the last half and all was okay for a while, but then the film stopped and i had to keep waiting for it load.

I found the same film hosted by tudor, that was a waste of time, i waited 10 mins and nothing loaded.

Is any of these (hosts) any good? i know these things are free but half of some thing free is as much use as a kick up the bum.

Physics news on Phys.org
OOps ,seems this may be illegal, so please delete thread.

what were you watching? I watch videos all the time online. mostly tv shows I missed, but those ones are legal. if it is on megavideo it isn't illegal for you to watch it.

Heres the trick.

Get Firefox

Get Download Helper (a plugin for FF).

It should be able to rip these types of vids.

Sorry wolram - didn't realize megavideo was a youtube thing,I thought it was a piracy site
Since you are in the UK you can watch anything form the last week on the bbc with iPlayer.

mgb_phys said:
Sorry wolram - didn't realize megavideo was a youtube thing,I thought it was a piracy site
Since you are in the UK you can watch anything form the last week on the bbc with iPlayer.

No problems, i did imagine the fuzz knocking down my door and taking me away in a paddy wagon, or troopers armed to the teeth abseiling out of helicopters and raiding my cot.

To be honest i do not know what is legal and what is not regarding watching stuff on the net, i just thought it was all paid for with the adds on the site, so how doe's one tell a pirate site from a legit one?

I have Firefox, but all that other stuff, torrents and plug ins? i have a little box on my tool bar that has them, but i do not have a clue how they work, a streaming site i went to put up a pop up that said i needed x plug into view the videos, so i clicked on it and my computer went up the spout.

Any ways up all this is not worth the bother, one gets a tiny screen with very poor quality,
Heck one i watched, a woman was mouthing words and seconds later it seemed like a bloke was talking with a female voice.

No problems, i did imagine the fuzz knocking down my door and taking me away in a paddy wagon, or troopers armed to the teeth abseiling out of helicopters and raiding my cot.
That's only if you're Brazilian.

Youtube and megavideo etc are mostly illegal - but since they only allow short clips the TV and movie companies generally leave them alone.
Occasionally some movie company gets in a sulk and demands that they remove all of their content, the same company then spends millions on adverts and trailers to try and promote the same stars they just banned from you tube.

I have the hacker mentality when it comes to movies and music online. I don't ever take money out of producers pockets. I'm not going to go to the theater to see most movies anyway. So I can not watch a movie and they don't get my money or I can watch it online and they don't get my money. If something comes out that I really want to see I might go to the theater maybe once every two years or so. That is the same rate i went before I could watch online so it doesn't touch their bottom line.

Related to Are Free Movie Streaming Sites Worth the Hassle?

1. What are the benefits of watching films on the internet?

There are several benefits to watching films on the internet. One of the main benefits is convenience - you can watch films from the comfort of your own home at any time. Additionally, there is a wide selection of films available on the internet, including new releases and older classics. You also have the option to pause, rewind, or rewatch a film as many times as you want. Finally, streaming films on the internet is often more cost-effective than buying or renting physical copies.

2. Is it legal to watch films on the internet?

It depends on where you are watching the films and if you are using a legal streaming service. Watching copyrighted content without permission from the copyright holder is illegal. However, there are many streaming services that offer licensed and legal films for viewers to watch. It is important to check the terms and conditions of the streaming service you are using to ensure you are not breaking any laws.

3. Do I need a high-speed internet connection to watch films online?

While a high-speed internet connection is recommended for a better viewing experience, it is not always necessary. Some streaming services offer the option to adjust video quality to match your internet speed. However, a slower internet connection may result in longer loading times and lower video quality. It is best to have a stable and decent internet connection for a smooth streaming experience.

4. Can I watch films on the internet for free?

There are some websites and services that offer free films online, but they may not always be legal or of high quality. It is important to be cautious when using these free streaming sites, as they may contain viruses or pirated content. Paid streaming services, such as Netflix or Hulu, offer a wider selection of films and legal viewing options for a monthly subscription fee.

5. Can I watch films on the internet without an internet connection?

No, streaming films on the internet requires an internet connection. However, some streaming services offer the option to download films for offline viewing. This allows you to watch films without an internet connection, but you must have an internet connection to download the film initially. Additionally, some airlines offer in-flight internet services that allow you to stream films while on a plane.