Approximate LCDM Expansion in Simplified Math - Comments

In summary, Jorrie submitted a new PF Insights post on LCDM expansion in simplified math. The expansion rate is 0.07% per billion years and it goes 0.06% per billion year. The observable universe radius is R+7R/100. Time is 0.8 zeit and Hubble constant is 1.2 zeit-1. I didn't understand mathematical expression between H and zeit. 1/H is Hubble time and I know but I camt make the connection. Expansion rate is H. The radius of the observable universe is not directly related to the Hubble constant H. What is directly related is the Hubble radius, because it is c/H, but you will have to wait for Part 2 for
Jorrie
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Jorrie submitted a new PF Insights post

Approximate LCDM Expansion in Simplified Math

cosmo-80x80.png

Continue reading the Original PF Insights Post.

Likes atyy, marcus, RyanH42 and 1 other person
Space news on Phys.org
Great work thank you

Last edited:
Expansion rate is H.The observable universe radius is R.Now the expansion rate is 0.07% per billion years.And it goes 0.06% per billion year.It means R is now R+ 7R/100 is universe radius for now one billion years later it will be R+7R/100+(6(R+7R/100)/100).

Zeit is 1/17,3.Now time is 0,8 zeit(13.7 Gyr) and Hubble constant 1,2 zeit-1 which 1,2/17.3 which its 0.07.

I didnt understand mathematical expression between H and zeit.1/H is Hubble time.I know but I camt make the connection.

And how we found 0.07% ? and what's the lamda is zeit units ?

If all this true you said H is equal ##H=√(0.44/a^3+1)## a is now 1(which you said).H=√(0.44/2)=0.46 what's that.

I said Expension rate is 0.07.Is that true ?

I asked so many question.If you help I will be happy
Thanks for help

RyanH42 said:
Great work thank you
Pleasure, but as a first post in Insights, I'm still struggling with formatting the figures and graphs. When I edited the entry, things got worse, so please be patient while I'm trying to sort it.

Likes Greg Bernhardt and RyanH42
Ok,I can wait

RyanH42 said:
Expansion rate is H. The observable universe radius is R. Now the expansion rate is 0.07% per billion years. And it goes 0.06% per billion year.
The radius of the observable universe is not directly related to the Hubble constant H. What is directly related is the Hubble radius, because it is c/H, but you will have to wait for Part 2 for more on that.

Even the Hubble radius is not increasing at 0.07% per million years today - it is the distance to some distant galaxy that is increasing at this rate. Contemplate that and I will get back to you once I have the formatting issues cleared out.

Let me clear things up then.Lets suppose there's a galaxy 5 billion light years away.Now the universe expands 1/144% per billion year so the length will be 5+5.1/14.4 billion light years away.The billion later this distance will be 5+5.1/14.4+(5+5.1/14.4)/17.3 billion light years.

H=1/173 % per billion year in the future isn't it ? So now H is 1/144 % per billion year.

Last edited:
0.2 zeit the expansion rate was 4 zeit-1 which it means 4/17.3 billion years (0.23) means when the universe is 3.46 billion years old the distance will grow 0.23 times ?

If these things are true the I don't have another question

Note for Mentors:After clarification of my questions you can delete my comments

Last edited:
RyanH42 said:
Let me clear things up then.Lets suppose there's a galaxy 5 billion light years away.Now the universe expands 1/144% per billion year so the length will be 5+5.1/14.4 billion light years away.The billion later this distance will be 5+5.1/14.4+(5+5.1/14.4)/17.3 billion light years.
It's 1/144% per million years, not per billion years. In a million years your 5 Gly distance will increase to 5+5/(144*100)= 5.00347 Gly. In the following million years it will increase to 5.00347+5.00347/(144*100)= 5.000694 Gly, assuming that H will change negligibly over the next million years.

It does not accurately hold for a billion years, because H will be changing noticeably in a billion years, going down to a constant 1/173% per Gy in the very far future. But since the distances are increasing faster than what H is declining, the expansion is accelerating.

RyanH42 said:
0.2 zeit the expansion rate was 4 zeit-1 which it means 4/17.3 billion years (0.23) means when the universe is 3.46 billion years old the distance will grow 0.23 times ?
I do not know where you got these values from, but they are wrong. At T=0.2 zeit, H ~ 3.4 zeit-1, but it is hard read from the first graph (it was just to illustrate the zeit scale). We have not yet dealt properly with H against time, which will follow in Part 2. Part 1 is primarily about H against scale factor a.

Last edited:
Thank you.I am waiting Part two now.
Again great work.I am amateur in Cosmology so its takes time understand the idea.

Related to Approximate LCDM Expansion in Simplified Math - Comments

1. What is the approximate LCDM expansion?

The approximate LCDM (Lambda Cold Dark Matter) expansion is a simplified mathematical model used to describe the expansion of the universe. It is based on the LCDM model, which is the most widely accepted model for the evolution of the universe.

2. How is the approximate LCDM expansion calculated?

The approximate LCDM expansion is calculated using a set of simplified equations that describe the evolution of the universe. These equations take into account the effects of dark energy, dark matter, and baryonic matter on the expansion of the universe.

3. What are the simplifications made in the approximate LCDM expansion?

The approximate LCDM expansion makes several simplifications in order to make the mathematical model more manageable. These simplifications include assuming a flat universe, neglecting the effects of radiation and neutrinos, and assuming a constant rate of expansion over time.

4. How accurate is the approximate LCDM expansion?

The accuracy of the approximate LCDM expansion depends on the level of simplifications made in the model. While it may not be as accurate as the full LCDM model, it still provides a good approximation of the expansion of the universe and is widely used in scientific research.

5. What are the applications of the approximate LCDM expansion?

The approximate LCDM expansion has many applications in the field of cosmology. It is used to study the large-scale structure of the universe, the formation of galaxies and clusters, and the evolution of dark energy and dark matter. It also helps to make predictions about the future of the universe and the fate of our universe.