Apologies for Recent Deleted Posts

• Thread starter chroot
  • Start date
In summary, the user who has been posting problems on the physicsforums.com forum was pruned and their usernames were deleted.
chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Physicsforums.com members:

An administrative action was taken this morning to deal with a persistent problem user who has been abusing our forum for at least several months, often severely violating our guidelines. This person has been using at least twelve different usernames and has been posting mostly unintelligible, pointless, vitriolic, profane, or otherwise troublesome material that has been requiring constant staff attention. This morning, after a period of discussion during which there were no objections, the most recent of this person's aliases were pruned and deleted. Included in this pruning were a number of threads that had participation from other members. Unfortunately, those posts were deleted along with the threads.

The staff was not making any kind of judgement on the material posted by others in those threads, nor was the staff attempting to control anyone's behavior other than the problem poster. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused our excellent membership, and will do our best to limit the impact of any further administrative actions on our members in good standing.

- Warren

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you say the name of this person? :biggrin:

I'm guessing, but I don't think the person's name is known. I noticed quite a lot of posts that looked like they were written by the same person, but the handles were all different. IIRC, the threads and posts that were deleted seemed to involve these handles.

Whathappen' whilesI wasaway?

My apology to all... but, would one (nice) intelligent person tell me what has been going on? I can assume, but, there are too many e-mails to read to get the full story... so can it be lumped in a sum?

Don't worry werda, none of this has to do with you. :smile:

Yaknow, EVOBONICS, I never had that 15 mins of fame ~ that has been claimed "each" experiences in one life time. Dang! :smile:

Related to Apologies for Recent Deleted Posts

What is the purpose of "Apologies for Recent Deleted Posts"?

The purpose of "Apologies for Recent Deleted Posts" is to acknowledge and apologize for any posts that were recently deleted on a website or social media platform. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as violating community guidelines or containing inappropriate content.

Why are posts deleted in the first place?

Posts are typically deleted if they violate the rules and guidelines set by the website or social media platform. This could include posting offensive or harmful content, spam, or copyrighted material without permission.

Do users have any control over their deleted posts?

In most cases, users do not have control over their deleted posts. Once a post is deleted, it is often permanently removed from the platform and cannot be retrieved. However, users may have the option to appeal the deletion or contact the platform's support team for more information.

How can a user prevent their posts from being deleted?

The best way to prevent posts from being deleted is to ensure that they follow the rules and guidelines set by the platform. This includes avoiding posting offensive or inappropriate content, refraining from spamming or using bots, and obtaining permission for any copyrighted material.

Will the deleted posts be restored?

In some cases, posts may be restored if they were deleted by mistake or if the user successfully appeals the deletion. However, in most cases, deleted posts are permanently removed and cannot be restored. It is important for users to carefully follow the platform's rules and guidelines to avoid having their posts deleted in the first place.