Anyone have experience with GP/Pari on Windows?

In summary, GP/Pari is a computer algebra system used for number theory computations in research and education. It is compatible with Windows operating system and can be easily installed by downloading the installer from their official website. GP/Pari can be used for both personal and professional purposes as it is a free and open-source software. The minimal system requirements for running GP/Pari on Windows are an Intel-compatible processor and 2GB of RAM.
imurme8
Trying to "read in" a gp file into GP, which I've just installed on my Windows 7 machine. I keep getting that there's an error opening it, although I believe I have put it into the proper directory. Does anyone have experience with this?

One thing that might help is if I knew how to change the directory where it looks for files.

Here's the GP/PARI website: http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/

Physics news on Phys.org
Fixed it, thanks.

Related to Anyone have experience with GP/Pari on Windows?

1. What is GP/Pari and what is its purpose?

GP/Pari is a computer algebra system designed for number theory computations. It is commonly used in research and education to perform calculations related to number theory, algebra, and geometry.

2. Is GP/Pari compatible with Windows operating system?

Yes, GP/Pari is compatible with Windows operating system. It can be installed and run on Windows computers with ease.

3. How do I install GP/Pari on Windows?

To install GP/Pari on Windows, you can download the installer from their official website and run it. Follow the installation prompts to complete the process. You can also find detailed installation instructions on their website.

4. Can GP/Pari be used for both personal and professional purposes?

Yes, GP/Pari can be used for both personal and professional purposes. It is a free and open-source software, so anyone can use it for their own research or educational purposes without any restrictions.

5. What are the system requirements for running GP/Pari on Windows?

The system requirements for running GP/Pari on Windows are minimal. It can run on any Windows computer with an Intel-compatible processor and at least 2GB of RAM. A higher amount of RAM is recommended for better performance.