Antisymmetrizing a Factorized Polynomial Vanishes?

In summary, there is a discussion about an argument in a paper where it is claimed that a term with multiple factors of (z_i-z_j) would require antisymmetrization of twice as many variables, which is not possible. However, the speaker suggests that even for an expression like (z_1-z_2)(z_3-z_4), it can be antisymmetrized using the definition of the antisymmetrizer. The question then arises as to why the paper claims that the antisymmetrizer vanishes.
thatboi
Hi all,
I am having trouble understanding the argument below equation (3.5) in https://arxiv.org/pdf/cond-mat/9605145.pdf where they claim that "Upon antisymmetrization, however, a term with ##k## factors of ##(z_{i}-z_{j})## would have to antisymmetrize ##2k## variables with a polynomial that is linear in each", which is impossible.

However, I thought that even for something like ##(z_{1}-z_{2})(z_{3}-z_{4})##, I can antisymmetrize this expression by just using the definition of the antisymmetrizer, i.e I sum over all permutations of the indices ##(1,2,3,4)## and include ##\pm## signs as appropriate depending on how many times an index has been shifted. So why does the paper claim that the antisymmetrizer vanishes?
Thanks.