Answers to Fun Quiz: Poltava, Apache, Thin Man, Orfeo

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fun Quiz
In summary, the city in Ukraine where the 1709 battle between Russia and Sweden took place is Poltava. A member of a Native American people inhabiting the southwestern US and northern Mexico is the Wolram. The novel by Dashiell Hammett with central characters Nick and Nora Charles is The Thin Man. The 1762 opera in three acts by Gluck is Orfeo.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
1 .city in Ukraine that was the cite in 1709 of the battle_________
between Russia and Sweden. 7 letters.

2. Member of a native American people inhabiting the south western US and N Mexico. 6 letters.

3. The _____ _____, novel by Dashiell Hammett whos central characters are Nick and Nora Charles. 4 and 3 letters.

4. ____ ed Eurdice 1762 opera in three acts by Gluck. 5 letters.

Physics news on Phys.org
1. Poltava
2. Wolram
3. The thin man
4. Orfeo

What do I win? :biggrin:

heartless said:
1. Poltava
2. Wolram
3. The thin man
4. Orfeo

What do I win? :biggrin:

I think you have one wrong Heartless, the Wolrams never reached the Americas.

yah, the second one is relatively hard to answer because there could be at least tens of natives having six-letter long name. Anyway... just tell me! ;)

pueblo indians.

That's the name of entire group, and question asked for specific member of any natives inhabiting new mexico territories. Gash, did I really miss the concept?

the navajo?

heartless said:
yah, the second one is relatively hard to answer because there could be at least tens of natives having six-letter long name. Anyway... just tell me! ;)

These are the ones i got stuck on :smile:

Related to Answers to Fun Quiz: Poltava, Apache, Thin Man, Orfeo

1. What is the origin of the name "Poltava"?

The name "Poltava" comes from the Ukrainian word "polota" which means "field".

2. Who were the Apache people?

The Apache were a Native American tribe who primarily inhabited the southwestern United States. They were known for their warrior culture and their resistance against European settlers.

3. What is the significance of the "Thin Man" in pop culture?

The "Thin Man" is a nickname given to a character in the mystery novel "The Thin Man" by Dashiell Hammett. The character, Nick Charles, has since become a popular figure in film, TV, and radio adaptations.

4. What is the story behind the opera "Orfeo"?

"Orfeo" is based on the Greek myth of Orpheus, a musician who travels to the underworld to retrieve his beloved wife Eurydice. The opera was composed by Claudio Monteverdi in 1607 and is considered one of the earliest operas in Western music.

5. Can you provide more information about the city of Poltava?

Poltava is a city in central Ukraine and is known for its historical significance in the Battle of Poltava in 1709. It is also a major industrial and cultural center in Ukraine, with a population of over 300,000 people.

Back