Angle made by arms with horizontal

In summary, the angle of the arms on an F1 car is critical to the performance of the car. The relative angle of the top and bottom arms determines the camber of the wheel to the ground, which is designed to offset the leaning of the car chassis during a turn. This angle is specific to each car design and is usually mounted onto the gearbox of the car.
racool
what would be the angle of a arms and how it is to be determined

Engineering news on Phys.org
Your question leaves a lot of uncertainty; could you elucidate ? What is this about ? human arms ? armaments ? angle wrt to what ?

PS [edit after post #3]: if you would have used a term like "double-wishbone suspension" or just "F1 racing car A-arms" the question would have been a lot clearer from the outset ... :smile: Now it looked more like a spurious a

Last edited:
actually, it is for f1 cars.. for rearwheels which are connected to halfshalfts are supported by these a arms.. so, how will these a arm angles with respect to horizal is made?? is it either by rim diameter or any other factor?/... i need to design rear portion of the car so, i need some help about these angles and some dimensions reqired for the length to be mAde for half shafts

thanx for your reply.. i would also like to know to which component is the other end of a arms is attached. and angle made by a arms with horizontal not the tire with respect to vertical

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the angle that the wishbone makes to the ground is critical. It's the angle the tyre makes to the road that's critical to performance.

I think the rear suspension mounts onto the gearbox of an F1 car. I tried to find some photos..

http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/gearbox.html

gearbox_f1_2009.gif

gearbox.png

It's probably better to ask these questions on a motor racing forum.

It is the relative angle of the top arm to the bottom arm that is critical. If both arms are parallel, then the wheel assembly and tire will not change its angle relative to the car frame as they move up and down; however, if the arms are not parallel (as seen in the above top picture) then the angle of the wheel assembly will change angle relative to the car frame and change the camber of the wheel to the ground as the suspension moves up and down. Stated simply, the amount of change of angle designed into the arms is designed specific to each car design to offset the leaning of the car chassis during a turn so as to maintain the same camber of the tire face to the road surface in the turn.

Likes CWatters and billy_joule

Related to Angle made by arms with horizontal

1. What is the "angle made by arms with horizontal"?

The angle made by arms with horizontal refers to the angle formed between a person's outstretched arms and the horizontal line, also known as the horizon. This angle is commonly used in exercises and sports activities to measure the range of motion in the shoulders and upper body.

2. How is the angle made by arms with horizontal measured?

The angle can be measured using a protractor or a goniometer. A protractor is a flat, semicircular tool with degree markings that is placed over the arms to determine the angle. A goniometer is a more precise instrument that is placed on the joints to measure the angle.

3. What is the significance of the angle made by arms with horizontal?

The angle made by arms with horizontal is important in activities that involve arm movement, such as throwing, swinging, and lifting. It can also indicate the flexibility and range of motion in the shoulders and upper body. In some cases, a limited angle may indicate an injury or muscle tightness that needs to be addressed.

4. Can the angle made by arms with horizontal be improved?

Yes, the angle can be improved through stretching and exercises that target the muscles in the shoulders and upper body. Regular stretching and strengthening can increase flexibility and improve the range of motion in the arms and shoulders.

5. Are there any health risks associated with a limited angle made by arms with horizontal?

In some cases, a limited angle may be a sign of an underlying health issue, such as a rotator cuff injury or frozen shoulder. It is important to consult a healthcare professional if you experience pain or have a limited range of motion in your arms and shoulders.