Amazing Pattern: Check Out This Cool GIF

• Thread starter Julian Solos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interesting
In summary, the conversation revolves around an optical illusion found on a website, where when you stare at two dots for 30 seconds and then look at a flat surface, it appears as a picture of Jesus. The conversation also touches on other interesting patterns and illusions, such as stereoscopic 3D images and parallel viewing techniques used in radiology. It ends with one participant sharing a link to the website with the optical illusion.
Julian Solos
http://members.cox.net/mkdjgr/7126.gif

Scroll the page vertically.

Pretty cool, don't you think?

Do you know any other interesting patterns?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
ugh all i can see is that image wobbling in front of my eyes...damn!

Originally posted by jimmy p
. . . wobbling . . .

That's exactly what I'm impressed with.

Far out man!

Where's my Pink Floyd CD when I need it?

Far out man!

dont even have to scroll the page, i get freaked out just looking at it!

Somewhere out there is this optical illusion with 2 dots that you stare at for 30 seconds, then immediately stare at a flat surface while blinking your eyes and it looks like a picture of jesus- it's the imprint of the negative impacting your optical nerves- cool effect.

Originally posted by Zantra
Somewhere out there is this optical illusion with 2 dots that you stare at for 30 seconds, then immediately stare at a flat surface while blinking your eyes and it looks like a picture of jesus- it's the imprint of the negative impacting your optical nerves- cool effect.
I've seen that one, too. I may have a copy around the house somewhere. If I can find it I'll scan it and post it. I also REALLY like the stereoscopic 3D ones. There are lots of them at this site:
http://www.vision3d.com/sghidden.html
I really like it when it comes into 'focus' you can just sit there and look all around inside 'the box'. I've gotten pretty good at viewing these - it takes only seconds for my parallel vision to kick in.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
http://www.eyetricks.com/jesus.htm

Funny, this just came up in the S&D forum.
Should have known you'd be able to come right up with it...

BTW, Zantra. That parallel viewing technique described at the site I linked is one that was used in Radiology for years. Two radiographs are generated - each one 12 degrees (IIRC) off of center. They would be hung side by side on the view box and then, using the PV technique we would get a 3D image of whatever - usually Water's views for paranasal sinuses. It was fun! 'Course CT blew THAT out of the water! (so to speak, you know water/Water's view - ar ar ar - ok, i'll stop now)

Related to Amazing Pattern: Check Out This Cool GIF

1. What is the "Amazing Pattern" in the GIF?

The "Amazing Pattern" in the GIF is a visual representation of a mathematical concept known as the "Mandelbrot Set". It is a complex and infinitely repeating pattern that is formed through a series of calculations.

2. How was the "Amazing Pattern" created?

The "Amazing Pattern" was created using a mathematical formula known as the "Mandelbrot Equation". This equation is iteratively applied to each point in a complex plane to determine its color and placement in the pattern.

3. Can I manipulate the "Amazing Pattern" in any way?

Yes, you can manipulate the "Amazing Pattern" by zooming in or out on different areas of the image. This allows you to explore different sections of the pattern and see its intricate details.

4. Is there a specific meaning or purpose behind the "Amazing Pattern"?

The "Amazing Pattern" does not have a specific meaning or purpose, but it is considered a beautiful and fascinating example of mathematical art. It has also been used in various fields such as computer graphics and chaos theory.

5. Can I create my own "Amazing Pattern"?

Yes, you can create your own "Amazing Pattern" by using a computer program or software that allows you to input the Mandelbrot Equation and adjust parameters to customize the pattern. There are also online tools that allow you to generate your own version of the "Amazing Pattern".