All my posts are being double posted

• Thread starter TylerH
  • Start date
In summary, there could be a few different reasons for posts being double posted, such as technical issues or accidentally clicking the post button twice. To prevent this, try refreshing the page after posting, checking for technical issues, and being mindful of clicking the post button. Double posts may be visible to others and can be fixed by deleting one or reaching out to customer support. It is unlikely that double posting is a result of a hack or virus, but if you suspect your account has been compromised, take immediate action.
TylerH
The title says it. I'm not double clicking or anything simple like that. Just posting to say sorry, I'm not intentially defacing the forum. If anybody has any idea how to stop it, suggestions are welcome.

Physics news on Phys.org
It didn't happen there, but I think that may have to do with the fact that it's a new thread. I'm interested to see if this double posts.

It doesn't but obviously you could delete the double post.

Related to All my posts are being double posted

What could be causing my posts to be double posted?

There could be a few different reasons for this. The most common cause is a technical issue, such as a glitch in the posting system or a network error. Another possibility is that you accidentally clicked the post button twice, resulting in two identical posts.

How can I prevent my posts from being double posted?

To prevent double posting, try refreshing the page after submitting a post to ensure it was successfully posted. You can also check for any technical issues on the website or app you are using. Additionally, be mindful of how many times you click the post button to avoid accidentally double posting.

Is it possible for others to see my double posts?

Yes, if your posts are being double posted, they will likely be visible to other users. This can be frustrating, especially if you are trying to maintain a certain aesthetic or image on your profile. It's important to address the issue and try to prevent it from happening in the future.

How do I fix double posts that have already been posted?

If your posts are already double posted, you can delete one of them to avoid clutter on your profile or feed. You can also reach out to the website or app's customer support team for assistance in removing the duplicate post. Additionally, try troubleshooting the issue to prevent it from happening again.

Could double posting be a result of a hack or virus?

It is unlikely that double posting is a result of a hack or virus. However, if you suspect that your account has been compromised, it's important to change your password immediately and contact the website or app's customer support team for further assistance.