Alex Moulton Bicycle BMC Mini Memoir

In summary, Dr. Alex Moulton recounts his lifetime in engineering in this new book. Many of his famous designs are featured, such as the Moulton Bicycle and the Mini. He is hoping that people will help spread the word about the book.
jennyjenny
Hello,
I hope it is ok to tell people about my great uncle's memoir that can be bought from his website www.alexmoultonbooks.co.uk[/URL]
Many thanks,
Jenny
(see below)
In this new book, Dr. Alex Moulton recounts, in his own words, his lifetime in engineering. The whole story – from building steam cars as a teenager, and working under Roy Fedden at Bristol Aeroplane, through the development of rubber suspension systems that led to collaboration with BMC, Dunlop and Sir Alec Issigonis in the creation of Hydrolastic and Hydragas, to the revolutionary Moulton bicycle that, together with the Mini, became an icon of the swinging sixties – is told in Dr. Moulton’s characteristic direct style.
PS It would be great if people could help me spread the word about his book. Please do tell any contacts, sites or blogs etc that you think might be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'd normally report this as spam but I've got a lot of respect for this chap and am putting his book on my to-read list and suggest any engineers who haven't heard of him do the same.

Hey Jenny, how about a freebie if I promise to spread the word?

Thank you for helping to spread the word. I was not sure whether I could put this on the forum but I am sure it will be of huge interest to many people. It has lots of his design notes in the back. Is this forum based in US? If so, the postage is quite expensive from the UK- so I would not be able to send you a freebie, sorry. Also we are not a big operation - just me selling his books from the site I set up for him. Just a busy working mum helping out!
Many thanks, Jenny

Jenny, I'm in Staffordshire so your postage excuse won't wash!

I promise I will give my review to the local Institute of Mechanical Engineers chaps! Good luck with the book sales anyway.

Ah well that is different! We have one which is a tiny bit wobbly as it got a rained on (just the cover). I would be happy to send that to you.
Jenny

You have PM!

:smile:

Related to Alex Moulton Bicycle BMC Mini Memoir

1. What is the history behind the Alex Moulton Bicycle BMC Mini Memoir?

The Alex Moulton Bicycle BMC Mini Memoir is a limited edition bicycle designed by Dr. Alex Moulton, a British engineer and inventor. It was created to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the iconic BMC Mini car, which was also designed by Dr. Moulton.

2. What makes the Alex Moulton Bicycle BMC Mini Memoir unique?

The Alex Moulton Bicycle BMC Mini Memoir is a folding bicycle with a unique suspension system that provides a smooth ride even on rough terrain. It also features a lightweight aluminum frame and custom-designed components, making it a high-performance and stylish bicycle.

3. How many units of the Alex Moulton Bicycle BMC Mini Memoir were produced?

Only 50 units of the Alex Moulton Bicycle BMC Mini Memoir were produced, making it a highly coveted and rare collector's item.

4. What is the price of the Alex Moulton Bicycle BMC Mini Memoir?

The Alex Moulton Bicycle BMC Mini Memoir was sold for £3,950 when it was first released in 2009. However, due to its limited edition status, it is now sold for much higher prices on the collector's market.

5. Can the Alex Moulton Bicycle BMC Mini Memoir be ridden or is it purely for display?

The Alex Moulton Bicycle BMC Mini Memoir is a fully functional bicycle that can be ridden. However, due to its limited edition status, many owners choose to display it as a collector's item rather than ride it.

Back