Alan Arkin Passes Away at 89 | Oscar Winning Actor

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
In summary, Alan Arkin, the Oscar-winning actor, has passed away at the age of 89. He was known for playing many interesting roles, such as Capt. John Yossarian in "Catch-22". Arkin had a consistent accent across his roles and was known for his dry sense of humor. He also starred in "The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming" and "The In-Laws". He recently appeared in the Netflix series "The Kominsky Method" opposite Michael Douglas. Arkin's death was unexpected as he had just had a funeral for his character in the show. He will also be remembered for his role in "Wait Until Dark".
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
Last edited:
  • Sad
Likes pinball1970, BillTre, OmCheeto and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Alan Arkin made a great Yossarian in "Catch-22" and submariner in "The Russians Are Coming". I liked his consistent accent across his roles, sounding like an outraged innocent protesting bad treatment and bad manners. A truly funny actor.

Likes jedishrfu, BillTre and Astronuc
I really liked him opposite Michael Douglas in "The Kominsky Method", a fairly recent Netflix series offering. He was the perfect foil.

Last edited:
The In-Laws.
aca8d433-655b-4d2c-8105-96b7da86f43e_text.gif

Likes jedishrfu
His dry sense of humor contributed a great deal to many movies. R.I.P.

• Sad
Likes jedishrfu, BillTre and Klystron
hutchphd said:
I really liked him opposite Michael Douglas in "The Kominsky Method", a fairly recent Netflix series offering. He was the perfect foil.
I like that show. Seems strange that they just had a funeral for Arkin's character.

Likes hutchphd
I remember him from "Wait Until Dark".

Likes Bystander