Aerodynamic : Dual Range Force Sensor Needed

In summary: It sounds like you have everything you need to answer your own question. In summary, you plan to load a model truck onto a force sensor to measure its drag force.
bf77iw
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6125/6203213456_7daabe9662.jpg"

This is my first post and I've never been here so I'm not sure this is where i should post my question, but if I'm wrong, pls correct me.

This force sensor is to load my truck ontop of that shaft to determine it's drag force. And my question is where can i find this device? In Malaysia.

Thx in advance.:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
What exactly do you want to do with the force sensor? Are you talking about putting a model truck in that wind tunnel?

It is not going to easy to help you find that particular device when all we have is the picture you have provided.

RandomGuy88 said:
What exactly do you want to do with the force sensor? Are you talking about putting a model truck in that wind tunnel?

It is not going to easy to help you find that particular device when all we have is the picture you have provided.

i have come back with more info.
http://www2.vernier.com/booklets/dfs-bta.pdf

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6020/6205039213_04a5380d01_b.jpg

loading the truck ontop these sensors is another problem...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just contact the company that makes them. All of their contact info is on that data sheet.

I have to ask. Are you planning on loading a real truck or a model truck on to this sensor? I am assuming you are using a model truck but you haven't really specified in your posts.

RandomGuy88 said:
I have to ask. Are you planning on loading a real truck or a model truck on to this sensor? I am assuming you are using a model truck but you haven't really specified in your posts.

Sorry RandomGuy88, i am really bad at posting comments and I'm trying to improve... I have already sent a mail to "Vernier Company" and asked for their local suppliers and they replied me today. The force sensor in the data sheet is directly the one i needed.

And it is the model truck that will be loaded unto the sensor.

Thanks for your concern.

Related to Aerodynamic : Dual Range Force Sensor Needed

1. What is an aerodynamic dual range force sensor?

An aerodynamic dual range force sensor is a specialized instrument used to measure both lift and drag forces on an object in a wind tunnel or other aerodynamic testing environment. It typically consists of two separate sensors, one for measuring lift and one for measuring drag, that are calibrated to provide accurate readings at different force ranges.

2. Why is a dual range force sensor needed for aerodynamic testing?

A dual range force sensor is needed for aerodynamic testing because it allows for more precise and accurate measurements of both lift and drag forces. Since these forces can vary greatly depending on the speed and angle of an object in air, a single force sensor may not be able to accurately capture the full range of forces experienced during testing.

3. How does an aerodynamic dual range force sensor work?

An aerodynamic dual range force sensor works by using strain gauges or other sensors to measure the force exerted on the object being tested. These sensors are connected to a data acquisition system that records the measurements and converts them into data that can be analyzed by the researcher. The dual range aspect allows for accurate readings at both low and high force ranges.

4. What are some common applications of aerodynamic dual range force sensors?

Aerodynamic dual range force sensors are commonly used in a variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, and sports. They are used to test the aerodynamic performance of vehicles, such as airplanes and cars, as well as sports equipment like golf clubs and bicycle frames. They can also be used in wind tunnel testing for research and development purposes.

5. How do you choose the right aerodynamic dual range force sensor for a specific application?

When choosing an aerodynamic dual range force sensor, some important factors to consider include the range of forces you need to measure, the type of object being tested, and the testing environment. It is also important to choose a sensor from a reputable manufacturer with a proven track record of accuracy and reliability. Consulting with experts in the field of aerodynamics can also help in selecting the right sensor for a specific application.