Adding Vectors in C++: Example Code for Summing Elements with an Offset Amount

In summary, the program is asking to add each element in origList with the corresponding value in offsetAmount and print each sum followed by a space. To do this, a for-loop can be used, where the elements in origList and offsetAmount are added together and the sum is printed.
ineedhelpnow
im going through previous assignments to study for a test and i can't seem to remember how i did this one.

Add each element in origList with the corresponding value in offsetAmount. Print each sum followed by a space. Ex: If origList = {40, 50, 60, 70} and offsetAmount = {5, 7, 3, 0}, print:

45 57 63 70
Sample program:

Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <vector>
using namespace std;

int main() {
   const int NUM_VALS = 4;             
   vector<int> origList(NUM_VALS); 
   vector<int> offsetAmount(NUM_VALS); 
   int i = 0;                         

origList.at(0) = 40;
   origList.at(1) = 50;
   origList.at(2) = 60;
   origList.at(3) = 70;

offsetAmount.at(0) = 5;
   offsetAmount.at(1) = 7;
   offsetAmount.at(2) = 3;
   offsetAmount.at(3) = 0;

<STUDENT CODE>
   cout << endl;

return 0;
}

(Wondering)

Technology news on Phys.org
ineedhelpnow said:
im going through previous assignments to study for a test and i can't seem to remember how i did this one.

Add each element in origList with the corresponding value in offsetAmount. Print each sum followed by a space. Ex: If origList = {40, 50, 60, 70} and offsetAmount = {5, 7, 3, 0}, print:

45 57 63 70

Hi! (Smile)

It sounds like a for-loop in which you add elements.
What kind of for-loop can you can up with? (Wondering)

Related to Adding Vectors in C++: Example Code for Summing Elements with an Offset Amount

1. What are multiple vectors in C++?

Multiple vectors in C++ refer to having more than one vector container within a program. Vectors are dynamic arrays that can store multiple elements of the same data type. Having multiple vectors allows for efficient storage and manipulation of data in a program.

2. How do you declare multiple vectors in C++?

To declare multiple vectors in C++, you can use the syntax "vector vectorName;" for each vector. Each vector can have a different name and data type, depending on the needs of the program.

3. Can you have nested vectors in C++?

Yes, it is possible to have nested vectors in C++. This means having a vector of vectors, where each element in the main vector is a separate vector. This allows for more complex data structures to be created and manipulated.

4. How do you access and modify elements in multiple vectors?

To access and modify elements in multiple vectors, you can use nested for loops. The outer loop iterates through the main vector, while the inner loop iterates through the elements in each vector. Using the index of each vector, you can access and modify specific elements.

5. Are there any limitations to using multiple vectors in C++?

One limitation of using multiple vectors in C++ is that it can be memory-intensive, especially if the vectors are large. This can lead to slower performance and potential memory errors. It is important to properly manage and optimize the use of vectors in a program to avoid these limitations.