Adaptive Internet Radio: Discover Music with Pandora

In summary, the conversation discusses the website Pandora, an internet radio platform where users can input a song or band they like and it will play similar songs. The website has a large selection of songs and is praised for its accuracy in selecting similar songs. However, it has been recently blocked in Canada and there are other similar websites like imeem and musicovery. Some users have experienced issues with skipping songs and slow loading times.
G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Anyone ever hear of or use Pandora?

www.pandora.com

Basically, it's an internet radio website where you input the name of a song or band you like. It will then play that song or a song from that band. After that it will pick other songs, many from other bands, that it thinks you will like based off of your first decision. So, far I think it works pretty well. It has a huge selection of songs, as well.

Science news on Phys.org
Yep, it's pretty cool!

I used it for more than one year and then some bad guys stopped it from working in Canada. There are many others like imeem trying to do the same thing but none of them are as good as pandora

I also like
http://musicovery.com/

but imeem is favorite!

Last edited:
Yeah, its OK. But you can't fast skip too many songs...AND it doesn't work with DownloadHelper, which is what I do with songs on myspace profiles to get free music...

I use pandora, but I am getting to the point where I've heard all the songs so many times that I start thumbs downing them. I got to put in new seeds to get some better results.

Ive noticed its been slow lately. When you click next it times out.

Id link my pandora, but I don't know how. Oh well.

Related to Adaptive Internet Radio: Discover Music with Pandora

What is Adaptive Internet Radio?

Adaptive Internet Radio refers to the use of algorithms and user preferences to create personalized radio stations that continuously adapt and evolve based on the user's feedback.

How does Pandora use adaptive technology to discover music?

Pandora uses a combination of the Music Genome Project, which analyzes the musical characteristics of songs, and user feedback to create personalized radio stations. The algorithm considers factors such as genre, tempo, and mood to recommend songs that are similar to the ones the user has liked in the past.

What are the benefits of using Adaptive Internet Radio?

One of the main benefits of Adaptive Internet Radio is the ability to discover new and personalized music based on your individual tastes. It also allows for a more seamless listening experience as the station continuously adapts to your feedback, eliminating the need for constant manual adjustments.

Does Pandora have any limitations when it comes to discovering new music?

While Pandora's algorithm is very effective in recommending similar songs, it may not be as effective in introducing users to completely new and unfamiliar music. This is because it relies heavily on the user's past preferences to make recommendations.

Is there a cost to use Adaptive Internet Radio on Pandora?

Pandora offers a free version of its service, but it does have ads and limited skipping abilities. The paid version, Pandora Premium, offers an ad-free experience and unlimited skips. Both versions use the same adaptive technology to discover music.