About acceleration of block with respect to wedge and ground

In summary, the acceleration of a block with respect to the wedge and ground is different due to the different inertial frames of the block and ground.
caffe
Hi friendz I have a problem.
If a block of mass m is placed over the wedge such that there is no friction then what is the acceleration of block
1with respect to wedge
2 with respect to ground
Pleas reply.
Thanks in advance.
My sir said that it is different.Is it so.

Physics news on Phys.org
For the first one you just need to consider the wedge as fixed. For the second one add the negative acceleration of the wedge to the block.

Here wedge is stationary.Now please tell me the acceleration of block with respect to wedge and ground.

Please state the exact problem you are trying to solve.

My question is that there is a stationary wedge on which block is placed and all the sutfaces are smooth.Now according to mg physics teacher the acceleration of block with respect to wedge is gsin@ and with respect to ground is g .Is it true.But according to my knowledge as we read that accelaration of anybody with respect to two different inertial frame is same.Now here block and ground are two different inertial frames.Then why acceleration of block with respect to wedge and ground different.

caffe said:
My question is that there is a stationary wedge on which block is placed and all the sutfaces are smooth.
OK, the wedge is fixed and not free to slide. But there's no friction between block and wedge.
Now according to mg physics teacher the acceleration of block with respect to wedge is gsin@ and with respect to ground is g .Is it true.
No. The acceleration of the block with respect to both the wedge and the ground is gsinθ.
But according to my knowledge as we read that accelaration of anybody with respect to two different inertial frame is same.Now here block and ground are two different inertial frames.Then why acceleration of block with respect to wedge and ground different.
Your thinking is correct. The wedge and ground are both at rest in the same inertial frame. So the acceleration of the sliding block is the same with respect to each.

Thanks .
Sir...

Related to About acceleration of block with respect to wedge and ground

1. What is the definition of acceleration?

Acceleration is the rate at which the velocity of an object changes over time. It is measured in meters per second squared (m/s²).

2. How is acceleration calculated?

Acceleration can be calculated by dividing the change in an object's velocity by the time it took for that change to occur. The formula for acceleration is a = (vf - vi) / t, where a is acceleration, vf is final velocity, vi is initial velocity, and t is time.

3. What is the relationship between force and acceleration?

According to Newton's Second Law of Motion, the force acting on an object is directly proportional to its acceleration. This means that the greater the force applied to an object, the greater its acceleration will be.

4. How does the mass of an object affect its acceleration?

The mass of an object has an inverse relationship with its acceleration. This means that as the mass of an object increases, its acceleration decreases. This is because a greater force is required to accelerate a heavier object compared to a lighter object.

5. How does the angle of the wedge affect the acceleration of the block?

The angle of the wedge does not directly affect the acceleration of the block. However, it can affect the direction and magnitude of the force acting on the block, which in turn can impact its acceleration. For example, a steeper wedge may result in a greater normal force and a smaller frictional force, leading to a higher acceleration of the block.