A new online introductory E&M textbook (in progress…)

In summary, the conversation is about a calculus-based textbook with interactive elements and quizzes that is almost complete except for a few chapters. The person is looking for feedback and has set up a Google Plus page for the book and a related online class. The other person is interested in using the book for their E&M course and has added it to their online catalog.
Scott Hill
Hi! I am writing a calculus-based HTTP://textbook.scotthill.us. It is an HTML-based book with animations, interactive demos, quizzes, and so forth. The first draft is almost complete (I still have to write chapters on integration, induction, and wave optics), but I wanted to share it with a wider audience and look for feedback.

If you're interested in following along in its development, please let me know. I've set up a Google Plus page for the book and for a related online class which I'll mention in another post.

Thanks!

Likes StrangeCharm, jasonRF, berkeman and 1 other person
Thanks Scott! I'm taking an E&M course this semester so this will be really useful :)

Likes Scott Hill

Related to A new online introductory E&M textbook (in progress…)

1. What is the purpose of creating a new online introductory E&M textbook?

The purpose of creating a new online introductory E&M textbook is to provide students with a comprehensive and interactive learning resource for understanding the principles of electricity and magnetism. This textbook aims to present the material in a clear and engaging manner, making it easier for students to grasp and retain the concepts.

2. Who is the target audience for this textbook?

The target audience for this textbook is primarily undergraduate students studying introductory electromagnetism courses in physics or engineering. However, it can also be a useful resource for anyone interested in learning about the fundamental principles of electricity and magnetism.

3. What makes this online textbook different from traditional textbooks?

This online introductory E&M textbook utilizes modern technology to provide an interactive and engaging learning experience for students. It includes animations, simulations, and interactive examples to help students visualize and understand the concepts better. Additionally, it offers the convenience of being accessible anytime and anywhere with an internet connection.

4. Is this online textbook free to access?

Yes, this online introductory E&M textbook is free to access for students and educators. Our goal is to make quality education accessible to everyone, and we believe that cost should not be a barrier to learning.

5. Will this textbook be regularly updated with new content and information?

Yes, this online introductory E&M textbook is a work in progress, and we will continue to update it with new content and information as needed. We welcome feedback from students and educators to improve the textbook and ensure it remains relevant and up-to-date.