A-Level Physics Confusion: Need Advice on Edexcel Salters Horners Specification

In summary, the speaker is a student who has just started their A-levels and is struggling with the physics Edexcel Salters Horners specification. They are looking for recommendations for a good revision guide and are also wondering if anyone else is studying the same specification. They are also seeking advice from others on where to buy cheap revision guides.
liz
hi I've just started my a levels and am doing physics (naturally). it is the Edexcel Salters Horners specification and I am getting totally confused by it all. It is new to my school, and we did some practice questions the other day which even my teacher couldn't work out (just to show you the level of teaching I've got). i could really do with a good revision guide, any recommendations? anyone happen to do the exact same specification? is there anywhere you can buy really worn (and therefore cheap) revision guides?

Thanks for any advice from anyone.

liz xxx

Physics news on Phys.org
Answered in other post.

Looks like the other post was removed !

To repeat what I said there ...

Have you tried http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/index.php?" ?

Perhaps in the Universities/University Courses sub-forum.

Response time there is usually pretty quick.

Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to A-Level Physics Confusion: Need Advice on Edexcel Salters Horners Specification

1. What is the Edexcel Salters Horners Specification for A-Level Physics?

The Edexcel Salters Horners Specification is a specific curriculum and exam board for A-Level Physics in the UK. It is designed to cover a wide range of topics in physics, with a focus on practical applications and real-world contexts.

2. What are some common sources of confusion for students studying A-Level Physics under this specification?

Some common sources of confusion for students may include the level of mathematical understanding required, the amount of content to cover, and the expectation to apply knowledge to real-world scenarios.

3. How can I best prepare for exams under the Edexcel Salters Horners Specification?

To prepare for exams, it is important to thoroughly understand the key concepts and theories covered in the specification. Practice past papers and questions, and ensure you are confident in your ability to apply your knowledge to different scenarios.

4. Are there any resources available to help me better understand the Edexcel Salters Horners Specification?

Yes, there are a variety of resources available such as textbooks, revision guides, and online tutorials. It may also be helpful to attend additional classes or seek out a tutor for extra support.

5. What career opportunities are available for students who study A-Level Physics under this specification?

Studying A-Level Physics under the Edexcel Salters Horners Specification can open up a wide range of career opportunities in fields such as engineering, medicine, research, and technology. It can also provide a strong foundation for further studies in physics or related fields at the university level.