231.13.3.75 Find the center of R

• MHB
  • Thread starter karush
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Center
In summary, the conversation discusses arranging three unit spheres into an equilateral triangle and placing a fourth sphere on top to form a tetrahedron. The center of this
karush
Gold Member
MHB
$\tiny{231.13.3.75}$
$\textsf{Imagine $3$ unit spheres (radius equal to 1) }$
$\textsf{with centers at, $o(0,0,0)$, $p(\sqrt{3},-1,0)$ and $q(\sqrt{3},1,0)$.} \\$
$\textsf{Now place another unit sphere symmetrically on top of these spheres with its center at R.} \\$
$\textsf{a Find the center of R.} \\$
$\textsf{b. Let $r_\eta$ be the vector from the center
of the sphere $i$ to the center of sphere $j$} \\$

$\textsf{Find $\displaystyle r_{op} , r_{oq}, r_{pq}, r_{or} , $ and $r_{pr}$} $

$\textit{ok, first, I don't think I understand what this looks like ??}$:confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
karush said:
$\tiny{231.13.3.75}$
$\textsf{Imagine $3$ unit spheres (radius equal to 1) }$
$\textsf{with centers at, $o(0,0,0)$, $p(\sqrt{3},-1,0)$ and $q(\sqrt{3},1,0)$.} \\$
$\textsf{Now place another unit sphere symmetrically on top of these spheres with its center at R.} \\$
$\textsf{a Find the center of R.} \\$
$\textsf{b. Let $r_\eta$ be the vector from the center
of the sphere $i$ to the center of sphere $j$} \\$

$\textsf{Find $\displaystyle r_{op} , r_{oq}, r_{pq}, r_{or} , $ and $r_{pr}$} $

$\textit{ok, first, I don't think I understand what this looks like ??}$:confused:

It is three spheres arranged into an equilateral triangle, with a fourth sphere placed on top to form a tetrahedron...

so then we can assume the distance between all the centers is =. (or magnitude)

$R\left(\frac{\sqrt{3}}{2},0,\frac{\sqrt{3}}{2}\right)$

Last edited:

Related to 231.13.3.75 Find the center of R

1. What does the number sequence "231.13.3.75" represent in the context of finding the center of R?

The number sequence "231.13.3.75" likely represents a set of coordinates or data points within a larger data set. It is not possible to determine the exact meaning without more context or information.

2. How do you find the center of R using the given number sequence?

The process for finding the center of R will depend on the specific data set and the method or formula being used. It is not possible to provide a specific answer without more information.

3. Is "231.13.3.75" a valid input for finding the center of R?

Without more context, it is not possible to determine if "231.13.3.75" is a valid input for finding the center of R. It could potentially be a valid input if it represents a set of coordinates or data points, but it could also be an invalid input if it is not relevant to the data set being analyzed.

4. What is the significance of finding the center of R?

The center of R can provide important information about a data set, such as the average or midpoint. It can also help identify any outliers or patterns within the data. The significance will vary depending on the specific research or analysis being conducted.

5. Can the center of R be found using other methods besides using the given number sequence?

Yes, there are multiple methods and formulas that can be used to find the center of a data set. The most appropriate method will depend on the type and structure of the data being analyzed. It is important to carefully consider the data and the research question at hand when determining the best method for finding the center of R.