Rant: notebook carying cases

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary: The prices for laptop cases on the internet have been increasing dramatically in recent years. However, hopefully things will start to decrease in price in the near future.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
[rant]why WHY why! is it impossible to find an acceptable carying case/ sleeve/ backback to carry a notebook around in?? A notebook is supposed to be portable right??[/rant]

I have been looking for weeks, looked in every single store in my city.. not a single one worth considering.. been all through the internet.. (until the bitter end: http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm [Broken]).. waaay too expensive.. and the ones I like I can't order..

[b(] headache..

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
There is a 'slight' problem with Amazon, they don't ship to The Netherlands anymore for some reason, they call that a 'slight' problem [?] [?]

A Dutch shady supplier:
cost of sleave: € 14,62
shipping cost € 14,00 [?]
taxes: € 5,44

Total: € 34,06

Magically the price doubles!? €34 for a simple sleave..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. an option..

but what will he do if someone comes along and steals his clearly visible wallet out of his back pocket? Blast them with an ultrasonic boom, so that they fall down on the floor, screaming, with their hands on their ears??

Monique, what is your budget.?

The average price is about $40-50 USD for a decent laptop case.

Most laptop cases that can be purchased online are going to force you pay an additional $40 USD or 34 Euro just to get it shipped to Europe. Your best bet is to find some local place and purchase it from there.

Maybe its time to learn how to sew your own bags.

Great suggestion BoulderHead. Ebay is a great place to get stuff for cheap.

Monique, if you use Ebay you should contact the seller about the shipping rate before you place a bid.

Originally posted by dduardo
Monique, what is your budget.?

The average price is about $40-50 USD for a decent laptop case.

Most laptop cases that can be purchased online are going to force you pay an additional $40 USD or 34 Euro just to get it shipped to Europe. Your best bet is to find some local place and purchase it from there.
No way! Shipping is usually very cheap to Europe! Maybe 6 USD.

The problem with those bags is that they are buttt ugly! Maybe good for a CEO, who has to go to a bussiness meeting.. not for me.

There are two I really like, one is a bagpack (which can also be carried as a shoulder strap) from Kensington: a SaddleBag.

The other is a sleave from CaseLogic NCLE2, but I just cannot seem get to one..

I am going to write an email to all the computer stores in the area if they can buy some from the supplier and sell one to me..

Maybe its time to learn how to sew your own bags.
What I COULD do.. stuff two pillows into a bagpack and put the notebook inbetween.. that should work.. ?

*nervous breakdown*

sleave: €10.67
tax: €4.40
shipping: €12.50 (within NL)

WHY!

whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy?

I found another site, but they require a minimum purchase of €50 and ebay didn't have anything.. tomorrow the stores will be open after 6.. I will go and complain to all the computer stores and put on some extra mascara for some good eye-blinking :wink:

As a real dutch person should: I've send my bid for the price of the article to the supplier

Now wait and see if they will start laughing really hard, or whether they will come over the bridge

It must be because of the recession that the prices are so steep..

1. What is a "Rant: notebook carrying case"?

A "Rant: notebook carrying case" is a type of bag or case specifically designed to carry and protect a notebook or laptop computer. It usually has padded compartments and pockets for other accessories.

2. How is it different from a regular laptop bag?

A "Rant: notebook carrying case" is usually more durable and rugged compared to a regular laptop bag. It also often has additional features such as water resistance, shock absorption, and better protection against scratches and impacts.

3. What size notebook can fit in a "Rant: notebook carrying case"?

The size of the notebook that can fit in a "Rant: notebook carrying case" depends on the specific size of the case. Most cases have a maximum size limit listed in their product description. It is important to check the dimensions of your notebook before purchasing a carrying case to ensure it will fit.

4. Are there different styles of "Rant: notebook carrying cases" available?

Yes, there are various styles of "Rant: notebook carrying cases" available. Some may have a more professional look, while others may have a more casual or sporty design. There are also different types of carrying cases, such as backpacks, messenger bags, and briefcases.

5. Can a "Rant: notebook carrying case" be used for other purposes?

While a "Rant: notebook carrying case" is specifically designed for carrying a notebook or laptop, it can also be used to carry other items such as tablets, books, or documents. Some cases may also have additional compartments for storing other personal items.