Who Are the Top 10 Highest-Earning Celebrities of the Year?

In summary: He is the founder and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, a conglomerate that owns a lot of different companies, including Wal-Mart.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
In light of the 20 best paying jobs in the US, here are 10 celebrities with the highest YEAR INCOME:

1 George Lucas (200 miljoen dollar)
2 Ophrah Winfrey (150 miljoen dollar)
3 Steven Spielberg (100 miljoen dollar)
4 Tiger Woods (69 miljoen dollar)
5 U2 (69 miljoen dollar)
6 Michael Schumacher (67 miljoen dollar)
7 Mariah Carey (58 miljoen dollar)
8 Stephen King (52,4 miljoen dollar)
9 Dave Matthews Band (50 miljoen dollar)
10 Tom Clancy (47,8 miljoen dollar)

Physics news on Phys.org
Source: Forbes

Btw, the no. 1: George Lucas is the Director of Star Wars films..

Originally posted by Monique
Source: Forbes

Btw, the no. 1: George Lucas is the Director of Star Wars films..

Who is Michael Schumaker.. sounds familiar but I can't place him.

Had no idea stephen king was so rich- of course I contribute to his wealth

Are you serious, I even know that! Michael Shumacher is the no.1 american Formula 1 driver :)

Strange. I've never heard about this "miljoen dollar." What type of currency is it?

Monique, I think you mean "million dollars"

Umm.. race car driving isn't my thing

Originally posted by dduardo
Strange. I've never heard about this "miljoen dollar." What type of currency is it?

Monique, I think you mean "million dollars"
*Gulp* you caught me, I copied it from a Dutch server..

miljoen/million, same thing

"Miljoen" is cuter...

Are you serious, I even know that! Michael Shumacher is the no.1 american Formula 1 driver :)

He isn't American he is German! Also, formula 1 racing isn't very big in the US - they prefer NASCAR and the like so Schumacher isn't well known there.

Not many Physicists in that list are there? Who are the top ten earning Physicists I wonder?

You are right, I was thinking he was an German American, he is not?

Personally I find it rather "juxtapositioned" that in our societies we award such extravagant amounts of money to people whose achievements are "to entertain us", all the while those who 'create' to truly serve us generally get a pitance, if anything, for there efforts.

I assume that micheal schumacher makes that money threw endorsements and prize money, can't believe that anyone could get paid that much money just to drive a car, albeit a very fast car.

Originally posted by Andy
I assume that micheal schumacher makes that money threw endorsements and prize money, can't believe that anyone could get paid that much money just to drive a car, albeit a very fast car.

Its salary for the year is 30 millions. that just for 17 races.

Try a really fast car that the majority of people on the planet couldn't drive WELL at the speeds, attainable, by that car!

(By 'well' I also include safely!)

Yes he does drive a very fast car, and he is a very good driver but the Formula 1 cars have so many drivers aids on them that it is quite amazing, they have traction contol, automatic gearboxes, automatic start procedures (think they have got rid of that now though). These cars are amazing pieces of technology but i feel that technology has taken a lot of the skill away from the driving.

Yes he does drive a very fast car, and he is a very good driver but the Formula 1 cars have so many drivers aids on them that it is quite amazing, they have traction contol, automatic gearboxes, automatic start procedures (think they have got rid of that now though). These cars are amazing pieces of technology but i feel that technology has taken a lot of the skill away from the driving.
Probably exactly the opposite, as technology has made the cars faster, ergo, harder to control accurately.
Aside from that, the physical challenge of such driving is said to be quite strenuous. But let's stay on topic. (or start this one somewheres else)

Originally posted by Adrian Baker
Not many Physicists in that list are there? Who are the top ten earning Physicists I wonder?
Are physicists celebrities? Maybe to you they are.. but in general I guess not :P Let's find world's top 10 most richest people.. (you probably wouldn't know who they are..)

Bill Gates
Warren Buffet
and....

Who is Warren Buffet?? The other people you are looking for are the Wal-Mart family, but I've started a different thread on that..

Who is Warren Buffet?? The other people you are looking for are the Wal-Mart family, but I've started a different thread on that..
If you are looking for the Richest in the US, or the World, you should find him, investment 'guru'

Monique, Warren Buffet is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, American Investor.

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
If you are looking for the Richest in the US, or the World, you should find him, investment 'guru'
ah, really

Perhaps also, (still?) the Sultan of Brunei had heard that there was some oil money there, something like that, but he may have gone down since I last heard of him, years back, TV.

Perhaps also, (still?) the Sultan of Brunei had heard that there was some oil money there, something like that, but he may have gone down since I last heard of him, years back, TV.
I heard that this man makes about 1 million dollar weeklym which is about 52 millions per year , but seems this guy spends too much money .. I dunno, I also heard that while ago.

Monique, why do you have this love hate relationship with money?

I have what? I just ran into a website which posts the top-10 of things:

http://www.staatsloterij.nl/miljonairs/milj_top10.shtml [Broken]

I thought it was interesting to see what is going on in the world. I have nothing against rich people at all, just the way it is made and what good can be done with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bugger, I didn't know writers got paid that much!

Originally posted by jono
Bugger, I didn't know (Published) writers got paid that much!
Only some, if it $ell$ well...

5 U2 (69 miljoen dollar)

9 Dave Matthews Band (50 miljoen dollar)

Aw, these poor musicians have to split their income 4 and 5 ways.

Originally posted by Peter Pan
Monique, why do you have this love hate relationship with money?

I just posted a very similar point on the '10 most expensive cities' thread...started by Monique!

!? why is everyone against top 10s ??

!? why is everyone against top 10s ??

...because we aren't in them!

Originally posted by Adrian Baker
...because we aren't in them!

Aren't you? I am in my own top 10 :wink:

You are in my top 10 too Monique!:wink:

I'm flabbergasted, Scrooge McDuck didn't make the list.

Back