Why can't I see the bottom toolbar on my Internet Explorer?

• Thread starter aychamo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Windows
In summary, the conversation is about a person who is having trouble finding and enabling the bottom toolbar in their Internet Explorer. Another person suggests going to View -> Status Bar and Tools -> Folder Options to make sure the status bar is checked and applying it to all folders. They also suggest finding a registry tweak on tweakxp.com. The person tries the suggested steps and it works.
aychamo
Hello guys :)

I have Windows XP Pro. When I open my Internet Explorer, I don't have my bottom toolbar, the one that shows where a website is leading when you MouseOver.

I feel like a fool for asking, but how can I enable that toolbar? I can't for my life find where to enable it!

Computer science news on Phys.org
view->status bar

dduardo said:
view->status bar

Sigh... Thank you:)

Hey man ;)

Sometimes it will stay, and sometimes it doesn't. If I close Explorer with my last window that was open having the status bar, it will stay. But it still goes away. Is there a way to make it more default or something?

Yes, double-click on "My Computer" so, explorer.exe so it utilises some portion of Windows' Explorer. Now follow:
Code:
View -> Status Bar (make sure it is checked)
Tools -> Folder Options...
Goto: View (tab)
Click on "Apply to All Folders"
OK, then close all windows.

Open IE, make sure Status bar is on.
Press: Ctrl + N (opens a new IE Windows)
Close all windows.
There are many other ways, but I find it useful when Windows registers registry entries by itself. If you don't want to go thru all of the above steps, you could try finding a registry tweak from: http://tweakxp.com

Cheers :)

Hey I did the IE thing, Apply to All Folders. That did the trick! Thank you very much Kioria!

1. What is the purpose of the Windows bottom toolbar?

The Windows bottom toolbar, also known as the taskbar, is a graphical user interface element in the Windows operating system. Its main purpose is to provide quick access to frequently used programs and system functions. It also displays the time and system notifications.

2. How can I customize the Windows bottom toolbar?

To customize the Windows bottom toolbar, right-click on an empty space on the toolbar and select "Taskbar settings." From there, you can choose which icons to display, change the location of the taskbar, and adjust other settings such as color and transparency.

3. What is the difference between the Windows bottom toolbar and the Desktop toolbar?

The Windows bottom toolbar is a part of the overall Windows interface, while the Desktop toolbar is a specific toolbar that can be added to the bottom toolbar. The Desktop toolbar provides quick access to files and folders on the desktop.

4. How can I add or remove icons from the Windows bottom toolbar?

To add an icon to the Windows bottom toolbar, right-click on the program or file and select "Pin to taskbar." To remove an icon, right-click on it and select "Unpin from taskbar." You can also rearrange the icons by clicking and dragging them to a different location on the taskbar.

5. Can I change the size of the icons on the Windows bottom toolbar?

Yes, you can change the size of the icons on the Windows bottom toolbar by right-clicking on an empty space on the toolbar and selecting "Taskbar settings." Under the "Taskbar" tab, you can choose between small, medium, or large icons.